Kinlay Hostel Galway
$237
$259
  • Restaurant
The Connacht Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$162
$141
$200
$194
$168
$162
Clayton Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$156
Menlo Park Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
$177
$163
Travelocity
Flannery's Hotel Galway(Galway)(Great Value!)
$128
$124
Hotels.com
$270
$238
  • Pool
$307
$284
All reviewscommon roomeyre squarefree breakfast in the morningbed dormsconesfree wifigreat facilitiesclean roomstrain stationthe location is perfectlounge areaaran islandsnice breakfastporridgestayed here for two nightscomputersshower
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent rooms, excellent security, excellent facilities, only one small problem.
We stayed for one night in the Easter break, there was a group of 67 teenagers rumnong around behaving like animals all night, I have no problem with people enjoying themselves but banging on doors and shouting and swearing at four in the morning can be a little annoying! I asked a member of staff to sort them out but he admitted he was powerless 'there are 67 of them, I can't be in more than one place at one time' Moral of the story, if you want a good night and a good nights sleep stay in a hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Hawk1976
Frank O, General Manager at Kinlay Hostel Galway, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am of course very disappointed that your stay was interrupted by this noisy group. My staff and I were all very upset that this incident happened as we always strive to be the best in the country.

I was aware that this group booked to stay with us, and as a precaution I rostered extra security night staff to monitor the corridors and ensure little or no noise from rooms. Unfortunately on this occasion the group were not respectful towards other guests, and noise could be heard in the early hours of the morning as you rightly mentioned.

As you said, our security staff are very good but the odd time even they can't get a group of that age to have manners. Please be advised that we do not tolerate behavior like this under any circumstances, and the group were asked to leave the hostel at 9:30 the next morning despite the fact that they were booked for a second night.

Your are very kind to comment so positively on our facilities and rooms. Yes - we have upgraded the entire hostel from top to bottom over the past few months and we are all very proud of the finished result.

Please contact me directly the next time you are in Galway and I would be delighted to see you back in Kinlay again as my guest, and I'm sure you will have a fantastic experience.

Kind regards,

Frank O'Connell

Reviewed March 30, 2013

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Excellent position: right in the central street of Galway city centre. Unbeatable value for money. Suitable for young people visiting the gorgeous city of Galway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Nobody from the street is coming in to steal anything or be a nuisance, for sure. Travelers are required to show security passes and ring in after 11; very safe and secure. Shout out to Eva and Niamh for a warm welcome and friendly advice on the area; the staff will help you any way they can. Great location and good vibes all around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My favourite thing about this hostel was the lovely receptionist, Niamh (or however you spell it, the cute blonde girl). She is LITERALLY the most friendly girl in the industry I have ever met, you need to hold onto that one!!!!!!! She helped us with everything and was just so pleasant!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

When we say "hostel" most people think of a creepy dorm style hotel. I can tell you that Kinlay looks just awesome. Good looking, clean, nice employees, good break (not great, but it's enough) and the lounge is amazing. They have a lot of information regarding on what to see, info about tours, renting bikes, and so on.
It's not that the hostel looks good but the location is perfect, in the middle of everything.
So, if you're planning to se Galway, the coolest and the cheapest place to stay in is KinlayHostel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo