“Galway gem”

Ranked #1 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Galway
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Galway gem”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently stayed at the Kinlay House for 4 nights; my purpose was to make sure it would work for a group of 24 American students I will be bringing over in March. It passed my test and more--the staff were friendly, warm and ready to help with any request. The hostel has recently undergone a major renovation; the common area was enlarged and a kitchen added. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The owner, Frank, is extremely sensitive to customer service and went beyond my expectations in helping me make connections in Galway to arrange tours for my group. While I usually prefer a 4-star hotel, the Kinlay will be perfect for me and my students when we return to Galway in March.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are ensuite (private bathrooms).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Galway, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'm from South Korea, and I'm actually not good at English. But every staffs were really kind, understanding my needs perfectly. they were always smiling on their face.
When i changed my reservation, they explained money matters really well. (and i got perfect refund.). the breakfast was also perfect....
they even lend me the vacuum when i asked it(because I was using vacuum packing pack).. i got everything that i need perfectly...... it's next to the Eyre square, galway's hot place...
I can't forget here. Kinlay made my first step of Ireland so perfect!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A group of 10 of us (all girls) stayed at this hostel on New Year's Eve and had a great stay. The booking was quick and easy, and as we all checked in and out at different times, the staff were great, so helpful and nice! We had one 6-bed dorm and then 2 each in 2 other dorms with people outside of our group, all the rooms were really clean, beds and bedding were great. The lobby of the hostel is more like walking into a hotel than a hostel, we didn't spend much time here but it looked cosy, comfortable and really well-equipped downstairs. There was a free breakfast (although we didn't get up in time for this!) and free bottles of water on check-out. Returning at 3.30am there was security checking that only people who should be coming in were allowed in, so felt very secure and safe here.
It's a perfect location, just off the corner of Eyre Square, really reasonably priced, welcoming and friendly, will definitely be returning! Thanks Kinlay House!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 8, 2013

the hotel staff made booking the room easy over the phone while we were having dinner in town. We showed up and the only issue was parking. They do offer a parking lot at a discounted rate but it's not easy to figure out where it is and the parking around the hostel seems unwelcoming. We'd been towed before while visiting Ireland so we didn't want to make the same mistake. But the room was nice - sheets clean with towels, free wifi, and a fabulous breakfast in the morning. The staff were really nice and the place very clean and quiet. Good price and a good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank onegoodartteacher
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Spent a weekend in Kinlay house at the end of August, had a great time!

Cheap price for central accomadation, staff were top class as well. Four of us went and were made more than welcome by the staff even at 3am! Kitchen is great for cooking a cheap meal as well.

Can't reccomend this enough, just book it you won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Kinlay is probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are absolutely amazingly friendly and definitely have a commitment to exceptional customer service! Awesomely clean rooms (the cleaning staff are always cleaning) newly renovated common room, great kitchen with a spice rack for all to share and overall just great "craic"! Loved it. Would def stay again and again!

• Stayed December 2012
Dublin
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have stayed in this hostel numerous times. I keep on going back because the location is great, the staff are friendly, the beds are comfortable, the atmosphere is welcoming and the breakfast is delicious.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo