“Lovely people but overall just average”
Review of Ashford Manor

and 1 more site!
Ashford Manor
Ranked #174 of 188 Galway B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I was on the area for work and being high season hotel prices were insane so picked this guest house based on location and price. Room was fine - a bit pokey but I was on my own and just one night. Walls very thin so I could hear conversations of other guests and it's on a busy main road so heard cars all through the night - had the window open as it was a humid night.
Breakfast service was very friendly and there was a nice choice.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Ashford Manor

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at Ashford Manor in July 2013 as there was nothing else available near Eyre Square
The room was a single size with a double bed, like a sauna as the outside temperature was 30 degrees, no fan or air conditioning, no sleep at all as between the heat and noise from above , and someone throwing stones at the windows until 6.30am.
There was no hairdryer in the room as advertised, the TV was broken, there was carpet on the floor of the bathroom which was dirty and the towels discolored, and the shower was designed for midgets not an average size person.
Breakfast full irish? what can I say 2 sausages, 1 bacon, 1 egg, 1 mushroom divided between 2 plates 2 slices on 1 and 3 slices on the other and . I paid €130 for this very disappointing experience and I feel very cheated.
The website is very misleading nothing is as described beware!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ritam47
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Terrible B&B. Booked a twin room and got two tiny single rooms in another building out back with a shared toilet and shower.The fan in the shower was faulty and so loud it could be heard at the main house. The shower had no support bar for the shower head. It just hung from the shower. There was a bracket, a broken bracket and a line of dirt where the support bar was. When I complained and said i could not have a proper shower I was told it was a design feature of the shower. Ridiculous! The rooms were outdated and many of the fixtures and fitting were broken.The breakfast was very poor and while the lady who served the breakfast was friendly, the service was poor. Avoid this B&B!

Room Tip: Avoid this B&B.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Damien K
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Ashford manor had a great cozy feel to it. It's clean and pleasant.
However the rooms are quite small and you can pretty much hear anything going on in the house from the rooms.
If you're a light sleeper, go somewhere else. If not, it a good option

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was travelling with a tour bus & this is where we landed. Am I glad we did. Corrine, the owner, is a wonderful host. You see, Aer Lingus Airlines, LOST my luggage. It was supposed to be delivered that night but they delivered it to the wrong B&B. SO, being in the same clothes for 3 days, Corrine, told me to go upstairs & leave my clothes outside the door.The next morning & woke up to freshly washed clothes, Shampoo & soap.

My Busmates thanked her repeatedly.. No I'm kidding. THANK YOU CORRINE.. It's the little things like this that keep people coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

we didnt book in here but ended up staying here because a neighbouring b and b had double booked our 2 double rooms (which we booked six months previously). The people were friendly and helpful however the accommodation was dire. Dirty floors, mould and mildew on the tiles and in the ensuite, stained sheets, sheets that didnt fit, small rooms, very uncomfortable beds, noisy and the worst thing was the smell of frying foods which permeated the building and particularly our room which was virtually next to the kitchen. It is a shame, they are nice people and have to make a living, I suggest they read the reviews and DO something to improve future feedback.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aal2012
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago with a group of friends. It cost us €50 each to stay here and I was very disappointed with the standard of accommodation for this price. On our arrival, we were brought through the house out the back to a room of another building. The room was tiny and very outdated. The bathroom was awful and it was clear that it hadn't been renovated in 20 years. You could hardly call the bed a double bed. I was lucky that the girl I was sharing with was so small as otherwise one of us would of had, to of had slept on the floor. The location was the only positive thing about my stay here. The landlord was a modern day version of Scrooge. When I told him that I didn't enjoy my stay here and that the room was overpriced, he made lame excuses, saying that there was no money in the country. He also went on with nonsensical chat of how he loved that tiny room that my friend and I had stayed in and that he had raised his kids in it. We could hardly fit ourselves never mind kids in the room. I did not enjoy my stay here and will not be booking this bed and breakfast again. The price was exorbitant for the standard of the accommodation. I would advise you to camp or sleep at the train station if you can't get another bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends