Ashford Manor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The location is excellent, just a short walk in to Eyre Square. The parking at the front of the building was taken but there is also parking at the rear.

The seemed to be of a good standard to us, and the hosts were very chatty at breakfast, and told us exaclty where to spend the day. Wifi worked in the bedroom ok

I would go back mainly for the parking, good location adn friendly hosts.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Booked a night here with the Girlfriend for a night on the town for New Years. When we arrived we were given the first room up the stairs (30) and when we opened the door it didnt seem too bad. We payed €95 for the night and the place was never worth that price but guess the time in it raised the fee.

However on closing the door the lock was not securely fixed to the door and the door must be closed by unlocked the lock from the inside (very annoying considering most places have a spring on the door that would lock the door behind you. Bathroom was of a very low standard, broken towel and toilet rool rails, the hot water tap spat out water and upon turning it on I got soaked in water from my stomach down, and the shower was rusted so neither of us even bothered to try a shower in it so I cant comment on what it was like.

After the night out we got back to the room and the room was freezing so much so that I went into the landing of the B&B looking for more quilts (no radiator or heating in the room) but I found a small electric heater which we used to keep warm. We woke up at 8am to find that my gf's bag had been stolen from the room while we slept with her phone, wallet and cards and some clothes in it. Now, maybe I forgot to secure the lock on the door after getting the electric heater (few drinks on me) or the door was opened from the outside. Tried to report the robbery straight away but no staff were available. We then deciuded to just sleep until we had to leave at 12pm and on two occassions our door got banged on telling us breakfast was ready although the first time I shouted no thank you (got woken up twice).

Breakfast was included for the two of us and the breakfast was ok but the bag never turned up although a memeber of staff said there was a night porter on shift but we heard nothing else of it.

ADVISE, pay the extra few bob for a hotel and dont go for the cheap..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We booked in here for a girls night out. Overall we were very happy. The owner offered us read and coffee on arrival. There were only 4 of us but he gave us 2 really big rooms in the main house. We booked room only but he threw in the breakfast free of charge because it was Christmas....that was such a lovely touch which you never see anymore. The owner was also very helpful with restaurant and taxi suggestions.

The rooms are basic but they were perfect for our needs.....a comfortable, spacious and warm place for getting ready and for sleeping.

We had GREAT value for money and will def rebook

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Gerbill27
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

All the B&Bs on College Road look much of a muchness. A great visual advert for Irish hospitalty. Unfortunately it's good location and helpful hostess fails to cover over the many cracks. On the plus side...5 minute walk into the heart of Galway and I had a pleasant breakfast experience. The debit side...the Annex building at the rear of the main building does not have secure locking. The interior smells of damp until the heat kicks in...of which it never seemed to come on the cold November morning of my stay. The hallway, bedroom and ensuite are all in need of a serious makeover. This is against a backdrop of nearly 70 euro for a single room. If this is going to be the tariff then you have to expect to be measured against such a cost for service. It seems the focus is on volume churn rather than delivering a product that should be the envy of its neighbours. I'm a big believer in trying to support repeat business (particularly for B&Bs), however on this occasion I would recommend to seek better overall value elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank rossinver
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Ashford Manor is a homely, comfortable guesthouse. The location, just off Eyre Square, is fantastic. The owners and staff are very helpful, and very welcoming. Rooms are comfortable. Breakfast was lovely. Will stay again, and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends