“Welcoming and comfortable”

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Galway
Melbourne, Australia
“Welcoming and comfortable”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are driving around Ireland so the location of Menlo Park was perfect for us. It has ample car parking and a very convenient and frequent bus into Galway City nearby. In summer and race week we did not want to drive right into the centre! We booked a classic twin room that was spacious with a large bathroom with bath. The tea making facilities with complimentary biscuits, chocolates and water was appreciated after a long day of travelling. We ate in the restaurant and found the menu selection and wine list very good. Overall a traditional and good quality hotel.

1 Thank citydreamer
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear citydreamer,

Thank you for choosing us as your choice of stop over in Galway city recently and for taking the time to review us.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and found our hotel conveniently located for you for going into the city centre and for accessing other routes. Thank you for your lovely comments on our rooms and food, I am so glad you found the menus to be very good.

I will pass on your lovely comments to the rest of the team here at the Menlo Park hotel.

Enjoy the rest of your trip around Ireland and hopefully you will come visit Galway and us again in the future.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and had an amazing time. The room was fabulous and all the little extras made it that extra special. The décor of our room was top class and the bath alone was just excellent. The food was nice and I found this hotel extremely professional and we will deffinately be returning. The area was perfect, and the staff at reception were more than happy to accomodate us. Room service was just excellent and the bedrooms staff were extremely professional and very friendly, providing us with clean towels and everything, even on the day we did not wish for the room to be cleaned. I have recommended this hotel to everyone and we can not wait to go back.

Dear Eve p,

Thank you for choosing the Menlo Park hotel as your choice of place to stay in Galway city for your three night break and for taking the time to review us.

I am so thrilled to read you had an amazing stay with us and continuously encountered friendly and helpful staff in each of the departments. Thank you for your lovely comments on the room and that the little extras made the difference. I am glad you found the food nice and the room service excellent. I am delighted to see you are even planning to return to us when you are in Galway again.

I will pass on your wonderful comments to all the management and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards
derry city
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

When the booking reference said that our room was above the function room and was not refurbished yet I was a little anxious about what may have lain in store. I was however pleasantly surprised that the room was to quite a decent standard and that we were not troubled by the wedding functions that took place below us on the Friday and Saturday of our stay.
I have to commend the staff whom I found particularly helpful, friendly and courteous. We went into town each evening by bus, which departs from a stop a few yards from the hotel. A taxi back each evening saw us safely in. We found our stay to be very pleasant, the breakfast was served buffet style and the freshly baked scone bread was wonderful and the banana bread was terrific. Although on the edge of town,
we found the hotel to be a great base for our weekend visit, it was easy to get to the town centre and at the same time it allowed straightforward access to the road network for our visits to Cong and Knock. I would certainly go back again to the Hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear derrycityleedsman,

Thank you for choosing the Menlo Park hotel as your choice of place on your visit to Galway city and for taking the time to review us.

I am thrilled to read that you were pleasantly surprised at the overall quality of our standard rooms and were not affected by the music from the functions. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our staff, buffet breakfast and the overall location of the hotel as an ideal base for your weekend away in Galway city.

I will pass on your lovely comments to all of the management and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards
Gloucester
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights half board in early July. The staff on reception were welcoming and efficient and getting us checked in. We had a room on the second floor which was spacious and well appointed. Not much of a view as it was overlooking the back of the hotel but that wasn't a problem for us.
Breakfast was good and the service was excellent although on one occasion we were left waiting for the food to be cooked but I doubt that this the norm.
The bar has two large rooms and tended to be a little dark for our liking but the bar food was excellent.
Car parking at the front of the hotel is a little bit limited and appeared to always be very full but I think that more parking is available at the back of the hotel.
This hotel is ideally located for touring the mid-west area of Ireland as road access to the hotel appeared to be very easy.

Dear ChrisGandTheBean,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay with us at the Menlo Park hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were very happy with the food in our bar and also our breakfast. I am thrilled that you found our staff friendly and helpful and found the hotel to be conveniently located.

I do apologise for any delays you experienced in waiting for breakfast to be cooked and for any inconvenience caused in finding car parking to the front of the hotel, that is right in saying there is also free car parking at the back of the hotel.

I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

If you are back in Galway again we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed 2 nights during our stay in Ireland, good food in the Bistro and staff very helpful. A bit out of the city centre if you wanted to walk out in the evening, but the taxi wasn't expensive. Rooms very roomy, but found they hot water could have had a bit more warmth.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Bruce575,

Thank you for choosing the Menlo Park hotel as your choice of stop over for your two nights in Galway city and for taking the time to review us.

I am delighted to read you had a good stay with us, you enjoyed our food and our staff were helpful and accommodating. I am sorry if the hot water did not reach the temperature you would have liked, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will look into this.

I will pass on your comments to the team.

We hope you will get to come and visit us again in the future.

Augsburg, Germany
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was very comfortable, bathroom was large enough,
modern flat screen TV and save was integrated. We loved the tasty breakfast buffet.
It seems the perfect place for relaxing after sightseeing tours around the country of Ireland.

Dear Herrmann L,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay with us.

I am so glad to read you had a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast and found the rooms nice and comfortable.

I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Fantastic trip, service was great and accommodating, providing a vegan menu at relatively short notice. This was my second visit to Menlo Park hotel, and if anything the hotel has only gotten better!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear kev-keeg,

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted you chose to return to us again and were not disappointed, to say you think we have only gotten better is really rewarding to all the management and staff here.

I am thrilled you had a fantastic stay and were happy with every aspect of our food and service, I am delighted to hear you were accommodated with a vegan menu, we cater for all dietary requirements so this should never be an issue.

I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.