“Loved this hotel!”
Review of Menlo Park Hotel

Menlo Park Hotel
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I chose this hotel for two reasons: the name (I am from Menlo Park, CA) & the location. We do not like to stay in the city centre, so this was perfect. The local bus #407 picks you up & drops you off right outside the hotel, so it is very convenient. My only complaints would be the shower curtain clinging to you, and the lack of air circulation in the room. I realize Ireland is not usually warm, but it was while we were there. A portable fan would have been nice on those days.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Diane M

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Menlo Park hotel and thank you so much for your comments, we value all our guests feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our facilities and location.

Thank you for bringing the issue with the shower curtain to our attention, I have passed on your comments to our accommodation manager. We also have portable fans available at request from reception for the very few fine days we get in Ireland.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future if you decide a return visit to Galway again.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went to a wedding in this Hotel, it was exceptional. The service, the staff, food, decor, parking and over all reception was great. Lovely atmosphere here, the staff are so efficient and friendly. Lovely sun room to chill and the bar is relaxing and modern.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Galwaygirl31
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Galwaygirl31,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on your recent experience at our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you had a great day at the wedding and were impressed by the hotel's facilities, service, food and overall experience. I will pass on your very kind comments to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Warm regards
Deirdre
Guest Relations

Reviewed June 29, 2014

While visiting the west coast of Ireland, we stayed at the Menlo Park hotel in Galway. The rooms were very large with a king size bed and plenty of room. The bathroom was also very large. The rooms were clean and well decorated. Rooms included an iron and pant press, which was nice. The staff at reception was also very friendly. We enjoyed a dinner in the bar one night, and also breakfast there for two days and both were very good with good service. Our only complaint about the room was the flimsy cloth shower curtain. Whenever you took a shower, it wouldn't stay down so would fly in and stick to you. You had to keep the curtain inside of the bath, or water would go all over the floor. Our friends who were traveling with us had the same problem in their shower. I would recommend they replace these shower curtains with a vinyl one or one with weights at the bottom so they would stay down. Also, a curved shower curtain rod would be really nice for more room in the shower. We had very full days of touring, so went to bed fairly early. I stayed up one night (Sat.) until 23:00 and a band started playing downstairs. we were on the floor above the ground level and I guess right above the pub because I could hear the music fairly loudly. It didn't seem to disturb my husband as he slept right through it. I did bring some ear plugs so put them in and fell right asleep, but just something I wanted to point out if you are staying over a weekend (Fri. or Sat.) they do have live music in the pub so you might want a higher room or ask for a quitter room or bring your own ear plugs. Our friends also heard the music, but it didn't really seem to bother them as we were all very tired.

Room Tip: If you are staying on a weekend, request a higher or quite room as they have live music on the groun...
1  Thank eatsleeptour

Dear eatsleeptour,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our facilities, food and service.

Thank you for bringing the issue with the shower curtain to our attention, I have passed on your comments to our accommodation manager. I am glad to hear your husband and friends were not affected too much by our live music and your ear plugs solved the issue for you and allowed you to get a good nights sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future if you decide a return visit to Ireland and Galway again.

Warm Regards
Deirdre
Guest Relations

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Menlo Park recently and I must say that my overall first impressions of this hotel was one of cleanliness and freshness. The staff on reception were welcoming and efficient and our room was clean and comfortable. when one combines this with a more than adequate breakfast and free parking, within 10 minutes of Galway city center one has to say that the Menlo has a lot to offer to it's guests. Well worth a return visit.

1  Thank Johnctp
GMMGalway, Guest Relations Manager at Menlo Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Johnctp

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us with such a lovely review.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with each aspect from location, food to service and the overall hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasant stay in the hotel. We were very impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff on Reception, Dining room and Bar. My wife is coeliac and thought she was in 'coeliac heaven'. The Menlo Park goes out of its way to cater for this condition and deserves great credit.
Bedroom was roomy and comfortable but could do with a bit of updating. It is a good twenty minute walk from the city centre but it's an easy walk and you'll need it after the breakfast they serve. The only problem we encountered was a glitch with the plumbing system when hot water came from the cold tap but Reception dealt with it promptly.
Overall a great value hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank PM28

Dear PM28

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Menlo Park hotel and thank you so much for your kind feedback.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you & your wife enjoyed your visit with us so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially to say that it was "Coeliac Heaven" about our food we are very grateful for such praise. We pride ourselves in being 90% coeliac friendly as standard.

We look forward to welcoming ye back again in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

A very good location, ample free parking, clean and serviceable hotel however, compared to many other hotels we have stayed in, struggle to see how it's a 4*.
We had a superior room which was spacious, clean and comfortable, but no aircon and bathroom very tired and in need of refurbishment. There is a large bar, which is a bit soleless design wise, but drinks were well priced. Be prepared for amusement at breakfast - everyone was mentioning that the chairs seem ridiculously low in relation to the table height! And the chap who 'welcomed' us into breakfast couldn't crack a smile if his life depended on it. All in all, handy and serviceable, but lacks 4* polish in many ways.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bailieborough_Blowin

Dear Bailieborough_Blowin

Thank you for choosing the Menlo Park hotel as your choice of place for your visit to Galway city recently and for taking the time to review us, all feedback is hugely important to us.

I am delighted to read that you were happy with the location and found your room clean & comfortable.

I am sorry that you found your bathroom to be dated we are currently in the process of refurbishing all our bathrooms.

I would also like to apologise that you were not made to feel welcome at breakfast this is certainly not our standard customer service is of paramount importance to us.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend last year and have to say it was lovely, the room was very clean and the windows were open upon our arrival which was really nice as it was very hot out, we would defo be back :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marie d

Dear Marie d

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and also for your great feedback.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much you still wrote a review a year after your stay. I am glad you were happy with your room & the windows being open our guests comfort is of upmost importance to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.