“Gorgeous Hotel & Great Location”

Harbour Hotel Galway
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Galway
westmeath
“Gorgeous Hotel & Great Location”
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Location - 5 minutes from the train station, so very handy. Also a 5-6 minute walk from Eyre Square, and the city centre. Overlooks the harbour, so gorgeous views if you request a harbour view room.
Check in - very efficent, and lovely, polite staff.
Room - gorgeous, exactly like the pictures on the website, and all the amenities you could need. Bathroom was spotless. One slight negative was that the rooms were a little small - for example, in my room, if you wanted to open the wardrobe door, you had to move back a table and chairs that were squashed in front of the wardrobe in order to do so. It didn't bother me too much as I was staying only 1 night, but it would become a pain after a while.
Food - I had both lunch and dinner in the hotel - lunch was ceaser salad, which was fine. Not much variety on the menu though, and when I asked for mixed peppers on my salad, I was told that there were none available, which is a bit much. Dinner was lovely - but again, a bit uninspired - I had vol- au-vent, followed by roast pork and apple pie. Although, lovely and well cooked, it was very boring selection - I could easily have cooked the same meal at home for Sunday dinner. The service was excellent in the resturant though, and really lovely staff. 1 slight gripe - I left out my menu on the door of my room as instructed for breakfast by room service, but after waiting & waiting the next morning, it never appeared. The result - I got dressed and went to the dining room, but it was 9.30am at that stage, and there was a poor choice left at that stage - what was left of the cooked breakfast was gone hard, through being kept warm. Also, faffing about waiting for a room service that never arrived made me almost late for my appoontment that morning.
All in all though, a lovely hotel & great value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
HarbourHotelGalway, General Manager at Harbour Hotel Galway, responded to this review, November 6, 2010
Dear Tara2201,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I have shared your praise for the service quality with my team and we were all delighted that you had enjoyed your time with us so much.

Hopefully either business or pleasure will take you back to us in the not so distant future. If you were here on business it is well worth looking into our corporate loyalty programme. Enjoy the rewards.

Geoff Kinsella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with a group of friends for 3 nights. Its location is excellent! Some of my friends arrived by train. The train station is very close by within walking distance. I arrived by car. If you are not familiar to Galway it is very easy to find.
The hotel is perfect if you plan on shopping all day and want to go out at night. The rooms are lovely and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Balckberry-jam-78,

Thank yo for takign the time to post your positive experiences online through TripAdvisor. My yeam and I were delighted to hear that your whole party had enjoyed their stay with us and that Galway is a place that they will hopefully re-visit soon. As a family run hotel, it's great to receive the feedback that we are making a positive connection with our guests and adding real value to their time in the City of Tribes.

Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights. Apart from the bed being a bit hard the hotel was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HarbourHotelGalway, General Manager at Harbour Hotel Galway, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Dear redcar_10,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback.

Hopefully you will be back in Ireland in the not so distant future and can revisit the City of Tribes.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Just back from a few days at The Harbour Hotel. Very central and perfect for shopping, strolling around Galway and nights out. We were able to walk to the centre ( 2 mins)which saved us queueing for taxis. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Definately stay again and recommend it. We paid a small supplement for a harbour view room and it was lovely, well worth it.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear Anne,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review on TripAdvisor, it means a lot to our team that you enjoyed your stay so much. I look forward to meeting you on your return visits.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I just placed a not so good review about the not so good Hotel Meyrick and felt a positive review was due for the hotel i did like staying in! Overall i like it, good value good view and friendlly staff, no complaints does exactly what you expect at a good price. Well done

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Dear GalwayVisitor2010,

I'm sorry that your first Galway experience wasn't outstanding from the start but I'm glad that our hotel hit the spot for you.

Hope to hear that you may be a GalwayVisitor 2011, we would love to welcome you back.

england
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I didnt feel as if we were valued guests. No feather pillows available, no water in the roon and no sweetener anywhere for the hot drinks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear RedSara100,

I am sincerely sorry that you felt leaving the hotel that we didn't value your business. We realise that there is a lot of choice and thus there is a responsibility upon us to deliver great service to any guest choosing to spend their money with us. The normal comment that we would receive would be that our staff are very friendly and personable but we failed you in this regard.

It is correct that we do not offer feather pillows on request. As a three star hotel, it's not a facility that we provide as standard, but with advance notice would have been something we could have assisted with. There is no valid reason for not having sweetener in our hotel, I am genuinely sorry that we failed in this regard. It wouldn't be a common complaint, normally it's the little touches that people like and we rarely miss the opportunity to go the extra mile for people.

I appreciate that you have taken your time to share your experience and even when the feedback comes in the form of constructive feedback, we give it 100% of our attention. I really appreciate the opportunity to find out where we could have improved and I assure you that I will chase action to prevent the same feeling of not being valued for future guests.

I would be very grateful of the opportunity to earn back your confidence. Please feel free to contacty me directly if you are returning to the Galway area.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights while touring Ireland. Veyr reasonable price and hotel is clean and modern. Bathrooms are extremely clean. Bed was on the small side, but we encountered that everywhere in Ireland, so it may just be a difference between there and the USA. The hotel is a quick walk to Eyre Square and downtown area of Galway. The full breakfast is delicious. Gym is small, but fine and jacuzzi is relaxing after a long day. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Bronzechica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted that you had such a good stay and that our location aided you getting the most from your time in Galway.