“Harbour hotel Galway”

Harbour Hotel Galway
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Together with our two friends my husband and I stayed in the harbour hotel for 3 nights just before the new year. the hotel was very tastefully decorated for the Christmas season. I loved the decor. We had a marvellous stay, they staff are very friendly and very helpfull . The rooms are great very comfortable and with very good facilities. Our room overlooked the harbour (side view) and we also had a city view which was lovely. All the meals that we had can only be described as exellent. There is parking available at the back of the hotel. It was nice to see an exhibition of paintings by a local artist on view. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Enquire in advance to check if you can get a room with a harbour view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kurangai

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here from 17 - 20 January 2013. Got married in the hotel and had my reception there.. Fabulous Hotel, friendly staff that couldn't do enough for us and fantastic food.. Rooms fabulous and clean. Brilliant hotel. Looking forward to returning this year and so will the guests from my wedding.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon last week. Beautiful hotel.Staff very friendly and couldnt do enough for us. Breakfast was lovely , lots of choice. Dinner was beautiful 40e for 3 course meal for 2 was spot on.

Room Tip: Try not to get a ajoning room as you can near everything going on in the next room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Have just returned from a short break at the Harbour Hotel Galway, and felt i had to say how great the hotel is. Bearing in mind it's January and weather not good the hotel well compensated for this, It was friendly, clean, staff were excellent, room great, all the extra's in the room , tea making , shower gel etc. plenty of towels etc. We had bar food which was second to none and the breakfast was 5 star. Will definetly return and would highly recommend this hotel Location is great as well/

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here for nearly a week on business and really liked it. My room was comfortable and the reception, bar and restaurant all superbly decorated. Staff were all freindly too, with Dominic in the restaurant being the stand out star-very attentive and understood that on business you want prompt and friendly service at breakfast and a paper. He even noticed my orange juice needed topping up. The loaction was ideal for exploring the local restaurants and bars and I never used a taxi throughout my stay. For joggers there is a great run along the prom, which leads me on to the only disappointment with the hotel and that it the gym which is tiny and the equipment is not great. The staem room and sauna has gone and the gym reception is filled with old furniture. I hope a refit is imminent as this does let the hotel down a little. Will definitely stay again and woudl recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I had a room with a harbour view which was very special!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night on a shopping / birthday trip to Galway in January.
We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on the food but the general service and quality of the hotel was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the triple room we had was spacious, comfortable and clean and we had a lovely time.
The only thing that I wouldn't be 100% sold on is the location, although it's only a short 10 minute walk into the main lively areas it's a very exposed walk right on the harbour so if there's any wind or rain about you will know all about it. But it's a great location if you want to be close but not in the very heart of the city. Over all I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently went for lunch with my 9 year old son at the Harbour Hotel. Lunch was only €19.95 per person and Kids Under 10 Eat for FREE from the Childrens Menu! Besides the great value, the service was impressive, staff were friendly and attentive. I forgot to mention lunch included a glass of prosecco and a pianist played in the bar which created a lovely atmosphere. My son watched the rugby while I relaxed and read the papers! Desserts were homemade and in abundance! We stayed for over two hours and never felt rushed to leave. Parking was very convenient just to he back of the hotel, always a bonus. We will definitely be back with the rest of the family. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family