“Excellent food and A+ Service”
Review of Connemara Food Co - CLOSED

Connemara Food Co
Cuisines: European, Irish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seasonal dishes served in casual setting. Take home pre-prepared meals. All dishes are created using locally sourced ingredients wherever possible!
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The soup was hot and tasty with plenty of butter and cream. The main courses were diverse and delicious. A nice selection of wine and a VERY attentive waitstaff. This little gem of a restaurant has never disappointed me or the groups I accompany.
For busy evenings there is a car park behind the restaurant.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is well worth a visit if you are travelling to or from Connemara. Simple, unpretensious food cooked to perfection by Glenn, the proprietor, to order. I had the sea bass, accompanied by a glass of house white, and it was delicious; great flavour and presentation, served by staff who know and enjoy their job. Relaxed atmosphere is enhanced by a nice selection of books to browse and interesting art to view while waiting for your meal.

1  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Glenn and his staff of lovely/friendly waitresses are delightful. The food (seafood chowder and salmon salad) were the best I've had in a very long time. My husband had lamb shank which he equally enjoyed. This is the best place to dine in Oughterard, and the prices are VERY reasonable. We're going back soon - I'd like some more chowder and will also try one of their desserts. Very lovely atmosphere (check out Glenn's artwork) - Glenn came out a visited with us for a bit - this place can't be beat!!!

1  Thank DLDoyle
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had one of my most enjoyable meals ever in this restaurant this week, I had a steak which was huge, exactly as I ordered.I got extra food on my plate,which I devoured. From speaking to the staff all the food is sourced locally,organic and fresh salads to Die for. A cold evening, where all I wanted was somewhere hot after sight seeing.I hot welcomed by a local girl. Who was more than helpful,giving directions,short cuts and just generally nice.she had many customers laughing with her tongue twister desert.the atmosphere was just really inviting, hence I fully intend on frequenting this restaurant on my return trip to galway.

1  Thank noellelathe
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Arrived at restaurant at around half 9 to be greeted by a very friendly waitress ! The food was out of this world everything so fresh and tasty we had the crab claws for starters and my partner hadthe sea bass for main while I had the steak was the nicest dinner I had in a very long time could not give this place one negative comment would strongly recommend this restaurant will be back over the weekend !also the waitress was very friendly and really made a great effort with everyone in the restaurant.
Thanking ye for a very enjoyable dinner