“Good coffee”

Pura Vida
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had a couple of coffees to take away. Good coffee. It would be a nice place to sit outside and enjoy.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Regularly go to Pura Vida, it's a nice little café looking over at the Spanish Arch. Coffee isn't bad there, they do nice little pastries that aren't overpriced (refreshing, compared to other places in town)... The service is usually good...
But I was there a few days ago with a friend and it wasn't so good. My order came back wrong - they charged me for what I ordered (iced mocha) but I got an iced americano instead. There was clearly confusion between the staff but they just brushed it over. I should have tasted it there and then instead of walking out with it.
The girl on the till was outgoing and chatty but a bit forceful and seemed generally annoyed with the other woman - they may need to work on their team building and communication, as well as their honesty.
Normally, though, it's a nice place, and I hope this was a once-off. If it improves again, I'll write another update review.

1  Thank cabria_travels
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great coffee, nice scone, great service from a waitress who said it was her 1st job! very busy , but as they say 'follow the crowd'. Lovely location too to sit outside on a fine day.
Remember it has an upstairs indoor too for the occasional wet day!
All day fry excellent too.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I just loved there selection of Tarts and Buns and couldnt get over the selection on offer, it was a feast for the eyes. Also the beutiful Waitresses made the whole experience a delight, they were so friendly and charming, i was in Paradise. Will definatly be going there every single day!

Mono

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went here on a hot summers day. It was busy with folks sitting both inside and out not to mention others ordering take out coffees and juices. I hesitated at first as it looked just to busy but I took the plunge and stepped inside as the scene had captivated me. I was met with a greeting by 3 members of staff who were taking orders from 6 customers at the counter in the well designed and nicely decorated downstairs area. My order was taken in 30 seconds. I found a table outside to sit with my 8 year old son. Our smoothies arrived within 5 minutes and were flawless. I had ordered a ham and cheese croque Monsieur and the little fella a pancake with berries and ice cream. These arrived 5 minutes after the smoothies and were warm well prepared and presented by a friendly member of staff.the little demolished his smoothie and pancake and had eyes for mine but wasn't quick enough. We sat there contently watching the world go by for 40 minutes before leaving as hesitantly as we had entered.

2  Thank Eoin K