“Coffee should be coffee!”
Review of Le Petit Delice

Le Petit Delice
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Galway
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went there on a Saturday morning. Queue out the door as usual. Been there before and coffee was excellent. Ordered coffee and waited twenty minutes to have it brought to our table. The coffee was cold and worse was more suited to a child as it tasted of hot milk and nothing else. When we brought it to the attention of the server she took it away and brought it back and it was still not at all close to tasting like coffee. She again, removed the coffee and returned with two fresh cups - it was only okay, certainly not up to par with the coffee I've had there on previous occasions. This restaurant might do with a little tete a tete as regards how to pace and deal with a busy period - I think the overall idea is terrific, the French café has great appeal, it is just a matter of perfecting the rhythms of staff coordination might work. I won't be in a hurry to return considering the coffees cost five euro and sixty cents! Fine if it tasted good and hot but sorry it was not a good experience.

1  Thank bogland

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is my wifes and my go to bakery for special occasions, or just the sunday afternoon treat. Great value for money and even better customer service. My mouth waters every time I walk past the window on my way home from work

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to this fantastic bakery/ coffee shop. Almond croissants and divine breads are among my favourite purchase. It's also our go to place for patisserie and elegant desserts/cakes.
Haven't tried sandwiches/lunches, but will be more than happy to do so next time I'm passing!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Croque Monsieur - Considering the sandwich is pre-made and reheated, it is fantastic.
Crispy at the bottom, and creamy in the middle. It comes with a small salad. I think it was only about $5 euros to eat there.
We also ordered ice coffee and cappuccino. Both were very good and under 3 euros.
Almond croissant was about average, it should be crispy outside and should have more almond paste inside.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Why don't more people know about this spot, or it it just a really well kept secret???

I stumbled upon this cafe one day and fell in love, it's like a little cafe you'd find in Paris, Macarons, sweets and jellies from France, french staff and the best Croque-Monsieur and Almond Croissants I've ever had!!