“disappointed”
Review of Le Petit Delice

Le Petit Delice
Ranked #1 of 6 Bakeries in Galway
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Dublin, Ireland
“disappointed”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

What a saga...
Tried to have tea and a cake on sunday 28 April 2013- had been before when visiting Galway and loved the pastries and coffee but this time what a difference. And place much quieter so I cant be the only one noticing the change.
Ordered pot of tea and a cake. Told me to sit down and they'd bring the tea. Two staff and very few in the cafe.....10 mins passes no tea despite me eye catching both young women and the obviously ' waiting' look about me. Eventually an 'oh your tea' Got a mug with tea bag and half filled with water. Went up to ask if they dont serve pots (row of pots behind server on a shelf). She said they dont for one that teapots for groups and I asked if she could please give a pot to me...a few sighs she stretches for the pot and then says 'did you pay for a pot' I said 'I dont know but I did order a pot of tea' at which point she shouted across the shop to the other young woman (in a VERY LOUD voice). This attracted the attention of all 5 or so other patrons. Enough for me - second woman returned to tea/til area to 'investigate' whether I paid for pot or cup( which is at this stage 15-20 minutes ago).
I asked her for my money back that I was leaving and could I have a contact for the boss (a sorry muttered at this stage!)-mainly to alert them to the need for a bit of staff training! As I never got to have the tea or the cake cant comment on quality but hope service improves.
And how can there be a difference in price for putting teabag in a pot or tea bag in a mug?

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank marymary H

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Heaven in a Bag”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Love this place..
Their breads are amazing, I love "Yesterday's Bake" and the desserts are to DIE for! They even have some Gluten Free treats. The coffee looks unbelievable too (I don't drink coffee but if I did, I would be getting it here!)

Visited April 2013
“Can't Resist!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This little place has the most amazing pastries and bread; really good quality and the prices are fair. The actual venue is quite small so I usually just get food to take away. It's very difficult to pass Le Petit Delice without popping in and getting some really tasty treat!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“do not go there surprised its still open”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

awful came home to ireland for my childs bday and they made a terrible job if i know it would have been that bad i would have made it myself.. dont know about their food but dont get a cake terrible

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank shara k
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MAGNIFIQUE!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Le Petit Delice is a slice of heaven in the heart of Galway. The display of cakes and breads is a work of art, a mere masterpiece. The best cappuccino you have ever tasted outside of Italy, molto buono! The friendly staff add the finishing touch to this taste of France.

• Visited March 2013