“Quiet rooms in a great location”
Review of Jurys Inn Galway

Jurys Inn Galway
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival to the hotel, I have to admit I was worried about noise. It was right in the heart of a busy part of Galway, right along the river by the Spanish Arch. The lobby was beautiful and clean and our rooms were spacious and accomodating. The noise level was not a problem at all and we enjoyed our view of the river. It was an unusually warm day, so the room was a bit stuffy, but once we opened the windows and got the desk fan going we were fine. We would stay again if we find ourselves in Galway!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank silenttigress
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear silenttigress,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in Galway. We appreciate all feedback and especially enjoy positive comments from guests such as your own.

There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Galway

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed on ladies day of the Galway races and arrived a few hours before check-in. The lady at check in went out of her way to get us a room early and managed to do so which was very much appreciated. The room was very nice, a good size and very clean and had a lovely view over the river. The hotel is in such a central location. You could not beat the location. It is an expensive day for accommodation in Galway but this hotel while still expensive was a lot better value than other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room with a view of the river

Dear lovehotelsWicklow,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was great to hear that our staff went out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. I hope you enjoyed your time here in Galway for the Races and I hope to see you back next year for the festtival.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My friend and I were in Galway for the Arts festival and stayed in Jurys hotel on the 25th and 26th July..
.it is a really great location and we had a fab view of the river from our room..
We did hear people complain about the heat and having no AC in the rooms but we found the open windows were enough to keep us cool.. overall we enjoyed our stay...! But I must say when we opted to have dinner in the hotel on the Saturday evening we were so disappointed...!! First of all the menu is Very limited.....!! The main course we ordered was not what we got , it was the bar food menu version....and by the time it was righted the meal was ruined...!
Lovely hotel in a great location ....But food not great...!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view...
1  Thank Frances M

Dear Frances M,

Many thanks for your recent review. I was delighted to hear that you made the most of our central location and enjoyed the views of the River Corrib from your room.

I was disappointed to hear that the meal you had was not to your satisfaction. If at all possible, I would like the chance to discuss this matter further with you with the hope of using your comments to investigate these issues and to implement practices to avoid such issues occuring again. If you would like to contact me via email ( sean_osborne@jurysinns.com ) with a time that suits you, I will follow up with a telephone call.

I thank you again for your review and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had been booked into this hotel rather hastily by a friend. Apart from the central location I have not much good to say about the place. Overpriced rooms at 140 euros a night and overworked staff. The furnishing in the rooms are terribly dated circa 1980's, bath damaged from wear and tear with a smelly, mouldy shower curtain. I was looking forward to a bath there but decided not to after seeing the state of the bathroom. Not enough towels for two people either. Our bins were not emptied for two days, overflowing so I had to use plastic bags. No air conditioning, stuffy and had to keep the window open the desk fan on all night to circulate the air so it was constantly noisy from the beer garden and fan. The drinks in the bar are also a rip off. The worst was discovering that the room keys opened other doors, by mistake I hit the wrong floor and without my glasses to see the door number properly thinking I was on the correct floor.... opened another person's room. How embarrassing and shocking for us all. Terrible security issues. Bookers beware.

3  Thank M C
Sean O, Manager at Jurys Inn Galway, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear M C,

Thank you for your recent review. I was shocked to hear of the poor experience you had here in Galway and that you felt our levels of customer service fell below your expectations.

As I was not made aware of the issues you encountered I would like to discuss your stay further with you to establish where we came up short and to gain as much information possible so that I can resolve the issues at hand. If you would be so kind as to email me on sean_osborne@jurysinn.com with your contact details I will give you a call.

Jurys Inn
Galway

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We went as a three and had a lovely room looking out on the river. We only had breakfast there, but that was really good. The room was nice and airy and clean. The bathroom was very clean and comfortable. The hotel is also handy for Quay street and Shop street, which was brilliant for dinner and shopping and things to do.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Conor M
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My wife and I generally stay in Jury's Inn whenever we are in Galway and always have a very pleasant stay as we did on this occasion until it came to checkout.On the day of leaving my wife who is in poor health was feeling very unwell and we could not checkout at the designated time.I went to reception and explained we would be about an hour late checking out.Despite this housekeeping kept knocking and ringing on the phone to know were we leaving which caused us a lot of distress.

Room Tip: Room at the front gives a view of the Bay
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noel H
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Located by the water and right by the busy Spanish Quarter you have restaurants, pubs and shopping right out your front door. Friendly staff, comfy rooms and a large courtyard with picnic tables as well as a nice restaurant and bar were available. Walking distance to the rail station and the coach station for picking up day tours. Very nice visit!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Beachluvin3

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We appreciate all feedback but especially enjoy hearing about the guests that leave us feeling satisfied and impressed. We hope to see you back with us in the future.

Jurys Inn