“Went with Lally tours to both Burren and Connemara”

Lally Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Connemara Day Trip Including Leenane Village and...
Ranked #12 of 63 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore iconic landmarks, travel through rugged landscapes and discover old world villages with Lally Tours on a journey you’re sure to remember. With Lally Tours, you’ll spend more time at the best attractions! Our expert guides will escort you through incredible scenery while sharing captivating history for the best cultural experience during your visit to Galway. We invite you to explore the awe-inspiring Cliffs of Moher, the majestic mountains of the Connemara and desolate beauty of the Aran Islands.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The tours were good - we went to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher - and on the way stopped at a farm, for a guided tour up the Burren, and later tea and cakes - and song by the guide!
the tour to Connemara was also nice, with a stop at Kylemore Abbey, such a romantic place, can really recommend. I didn't really like the food at the restaurant there, try eat somewhere else, and just have tea and cake, in the orangery at the garden.

1  Thank Paresandefot
"aran islands"
in 34 reviews
"excellent driver"
in 7 reviews
"recommend this tour company"
"great sense of humor"
in 10 reviews
"eyre square"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is my second time visit cliff of moher and my fist time to visit Burren,The weather is sunny today,and we have a one and a half hours to visit cliff of moher,I enjoy the tour today!:)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We arrived too late to take the walking tour of Galway, so we took the hop on/hop off tour. Two charming and talented men were in charge of our tour-- a great driver and outstanding guide. He was knowledgeable and delightful--very dear! He even made connections between Galway and our home city. We learned so much and really saw the city...beautiful. We would not have learned that there is so much more to Galway than cute buildings and pubs and shopping without the tour.

Tip: The bus runs every hour and a half. There are not loads of other busses on the route, so plan for that.

We really enjoyed our tour with these men and recommend it.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our Connemara Day Tour with Lally was not what was advertised. It was our driver's first day. There were mechanical problems with the bus door - it would not close. One of the guests volunteered to sit on the steps to the door to hold it closed during part of the trip! Our driver attempted to have the door fixed at the next stop, but was not successful. As well, our bus' emergency escape hatch (roof of bus) was boarded shut. He spent a lot of time on his cell phone with another tour bus driver for advice, which I feel limited his time sharing information with us. What's more, he did not follow the route in the brochure that was provided us, omitting some areas/towns (Inagh Valley, Scriob Waterfall, Rossaveal & the Craft Shop in Spiddal. While the driver was very pleasant, this just wasn't what I expected based upon other reviews.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went to the Cliffs Of Moher/The Burren on their day tour from Galway on 31st December.

Our driver was very welcoming and informative, and happy to make stops for people to take photos.

The views were beautiful.

The only thing I could fault was the lunch. There aren't many places open at this time of year, but the place we went to is a carvery, so is able to cope with serving large groups of people with no time to waste. I have a dairy intolerance, so my options are always very limited. In this case, all I could have was a bowl of slightly salty soup and a packet of crisps. It was my fault for not making enquiries in advance. My other half eats anything, but also remarked that his food wasn't that great, and again over-salted. If you're a fussy eater like me, it might be worth considering bringing a packed lunch with you!

If you're going to the cliffs, bring warm clothes-it can get very blustery and pretty bracing in those winds.

I would have loved to have time to do the trip to Connemara.