“Lally Tours - The way to go!”

Lally Tours - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Connemara Day Trip Including Leenane Village and...
Ranked #12 of 63 Tours in Galway
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore iconic landmarks, travel through rugged landscapes and discover old world villages with Lally Tours on a journey you’re sure to remember. With Lally Tours, you’ll spend more time at the best attractions! Our expert guides will escort you through incredible scenery while sharing captivating history for the best cultural experience during your visit to Galway. We invite you to explore the awe-inspiring Cliffs of Moher, the majestic mountains of the Connemara and desolate beauty of the Aran Islands.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I did two of their tours: The Connemara Tour on one day and then The Burren /Cliffs of Moher Tour a couple of days later. It was very reasonable 20 Euros for the Connemara one and 45 Euros for both. They picked me up and dropped me off right at my Bed and Breakfast!

The drivers were wonderful and although I was by myself there were other people by themselves and we ended up friends by the end. I would do both of these tours again in a heartbeat. It gave me the ability to see more of Ireland. The drive alone was worth the price of the ticket. The driver told us some of the history of Ireland and it was a great tour!

All reviews
"aran islands"
in 34 reviews
"excellent driver"
in 7 reviews
"recommend this tour company"
"great sense of humor"
in 10 reviews
"eyre square"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked this after doing some comparison research at trip advisor. And at the end of the day, I was right. Not only online offer was good, but the great driver / guide was a real Irish gentleman who really made the whole tour enjoyable. Through out the journey had some nice music, and during all other times, there we had just some great narration of local history and very good explanations of why one particular place is famous. Obviously the guide was the best part of the tour, I am coming from a long way at Ireland and have taken several conducted tours here hence can do a comparison. Best quality in the guide was he did not only tell us that this is a tourist spot, but gave a very detailed reason / history / background also why is this famous. The fleet which was used for travelling was good, not great. But that is same for all competing tour organizers also. Nothing bad or wrong there. Tour was conducted in right manner and with perfect punctuality, giving ample time to travelers to enjoy particular places. On a final note, strongly recommended.

1  Thank apim
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lally's Galway city tour proved there is no substitute for local knowledge, from mis-delivered building plans for Galway University and Queens University Belfast, to the Irish president waving at tour buses from his gate, to the real heart of Claddagh - this was in-depth local knowledge at it's very best. The tour, which was provided by a highly affable and relaxed guide, was just right in duration, the route was unusual and unexpected and the views were sensational. Excellent value for money.

1  Thank ChubbyDaddy
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lovely tour of Galway. We went to Kylemore Abbey and saw the Quietman cottage and the famine village. Jack the tour guide did a great job telling us little stories all about the local area. Kylemore Abbey is beautiful and worth a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Everything was perfect the sun even came out at the cliffs of mohen, obviously they don't cater the sun but overall it was perfect. The guides were very knowledgeable and fun to be with. Always a right laugh of Irish humour, the McCool tour took us to the family farm where Irish coffee and mums homemade cakes is a must. Even the carvery at the pub we stopped at .... Myself the pork was exceptional. The food of course is not in the ticket price so stock up. Me and my friend wanted seconds for cake. Everyone was brilliant. Cheers lally. For the sun, the food and the humour. A crazy day. My grandfather wanted me to go to Galway on his death bed now I know why.

1  Thank katfiler