“Really nice for special occassion”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #5 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Think everyone should come here for a night out. Its perfect for a special night out. Food is very good and display on the plate is great. I tired the frogs legs for starters and they were yum. Lots of local good produce used. Def recommend it. We were in a group of 6 so it was fun tasting everyones food.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

I had heard good things about oscars from family and friends.My boyfriend booked a table for my 30th birthday.
We had too nice starters and it was a promising start,i had rack of lamb for main course,which was cooked nicely but i felt there was too much going on in the dish.
My boyfriend told me afterwards he arranged when he booked that it was a birthday celebration and could they do a candle on a dessert.
This was'nt done and he was disapointed,and it would have been a nice end to the evening.I will try oscars again,as the atmoshere is lovely in there but small details were forgotton.

2  Thank crazymaryGalway
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Oscar's is a few blocks off the main strip but worth the walk (or cab fare). It's a small restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere and the service was great. The menu had a number of options that I was interested in but you'll be happy no matter what you get. My friend and I split a goat cheese tart and a burger for our entrees and finished every last drop. My brother-in-law got the scallops which were huge and my husband also got a burger. We got the ribs and potato skins for appetizers and I recommend both - especially the potato skins (they're not what you picture!).

Reviewed May 2, 2009

I ate there last week. Was a bit concerned about the few recent negative comments on tripadvisor, but I think they were placed by locals trying to knock "Oscar's" from the #1 spot! The food was great, the service couldn't have been better. I had the best fish & chips in Ireland. Not a bit greasy. The rest of the menu was diverse and upscale. Personally, the interior decoration was not to my taste, but I wasn't there to eat decoration.

4  Thank GWHconnecticut
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I ate here last week and was very impressed, had fish cakes to start followed by monkfish wit chorizo..yummy! Service was pleasant and efficient, cant wait to go back, great buzzy feel to this place with really cool art on the walls.

1  Thank brownjohn