“Choices and Portions Galore”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #7 of 493 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Myself and 2 other friends were in Galway for the Galway music festival and I heard about Oscar's bistro, the night we were due in Galway, after some e-mails back and forth at 2AM, the lovely Sinéad was able to offer us reservation for that evening at 6:30PM. Unfortunately we were only checking into our hotel at 6:30, after a quick phone call, they were able to accommodate at 7:30PM

The atmosphere was cosy (thank God we'd reserved, as a group of 3 were being told the Bistro was fully booked when we got in :-) The food was glorious, I had Prawns on a bed of tomato salad for starters, another pal had spare ribs (very meaty) and the other pal requested for mussels (they didn't have the mussels in the starter menu, but they very much obliged and gave her a started portion)
For Mains, 2 people had Steaks (I know, steak in a seafood restaurant) and 1 had the vegetarian pasta.
All in all, all the meals were gorgeous, very very tasty and huge portions, although we had to move on to the concert at 9:30PM, I doubt if we would have had room for desserts.

The Rioja from the restaurant was very full bodied and quite enjoyable.

Would I go back to Oscar's? DEFINATELY YES!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Pity no offering for kids and a bit on the pricey side. Food was good but not in any way memorable. Probably would return if we were without the kids.

1  Thank boggoKildare
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Have eatin here on numerous occasion so decided would finely write a review. Great menu to start, nice all round selection with different specials daily. Their cooking of different types of fish is what gets me each time, enticing flavours which make me return again. They sometimes offer a little shot of their homemade soup before your starter arrives which is a great little tick in the box for me. Recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Bradster1988
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great Restaurant, Staff are very friendly and the food is great. I had the best sea food chowder I every had and also tried a local fish nicknamed the sweaty betty it was great. Would Recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Galway and enjoys seafood.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This restaurant ,is a little off the beaten track,but worth a visit. If you like good seafood as i do then this place is good. I had the scallops which were great and my partner had the mussels which were also tasty.nice place good service