“1st class Scallops and Seafod”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #6 of 488 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Visited Oscars during a weekend break in Galway. Potted crab and Seafood chowder for starter were both scrumpious. We both had the Scallops and Mussels for main which were complimented well with the black pudding. Desert finished things off nicely. All complimented by efficient and corteous waiting staff. Would highly recommend

There are newer reviews for Oscar's Seafood Bistro

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We came across Oscars by chance. Walked past to see if anywhere else caught our eyes and then (thankfully) returned to Oscars. There were four of us, one couple adore everything fish and 2 of us would rather avoid it. My wife and I had the steak and ribs and my friends monkfish and one other fish special of the day. We all tried a taste of each other’s meals and all four of us though it was one of the best meals we had ever had. This was one where we didn’t check on Tripadvisor before trying it but I would repeat all the previous reviews in that it is so perfect and so friendly. We will be back here in a few weeks for sure. Five out of five.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This has to be the best seafood restaurant restaurant in Galway. Its obvious that fish is as fresh as you can get and they do multiple daily specials. Can't wait to go back here. Prices are in line with other Galway restaurants but streets ahead on quality.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a really beautiful meal at Oscars. We went on Valentines Day, and so despite the rave review on here, were expecting the place to be packed and the staff rushed off their feet. Instead we had a beautiful, spacious window seat and extremely attentive staff who I could not fault. We had the seafood starter platter to share, which was absolutely delicious. We then had two of the specials for main, I had a "sole and plaice duo", and my boyfriend had monkfish with chorizo. Every bite was heavenly; some of the best fish I have ever had. We were completely stuffed, but we loved the food so much, we decided to get dessert as well. Trio of creme brulee and lemon and elderflower sorbet really rounded off the night beautifully. With a bottle of white and a couple of glasses of cava, it definitely was not a cheap night out, but you definitely get what you pay for here. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and have been recommending Oscars to all our friends ever since.

3  Thank Ashling H
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal, lovely atmosphere and great service, would highly recommend it. Every course was fab, best fish and chips I've ever had