“Fabulous Restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant during the Galway Races and found every aspect of my dining experience fantastic. Unlike a lot of the local restaurants during the Galway Races, they weren't confining customers to a choice of two hurried dinner settings. So we were able to choose a time that suited us. We started off with a drink and this just set the tone for an experience that was offered to suit the customers pace completely. We were able to enjoy a nice relaxing meal and were not rushed at any stage. The menu was very extensive with lots of interesting combinations. They make great use of local produce and artisan food suppliers. While seafood is the speciality they had a few choices for canivores too. My partner had ribs as a starter and lamb as a main course and they were both cooked to perfection. Similarly I had a fish cake to start and monkfish with chorizo as a main course and they were absolutely delicious. They don't skimp on the portions and the restaurant setting is lovely too. I would definitely visit this restaurant again and would definitely recommend it to anybody.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

One of the better meals we had in Galway; fantastic service and wonderful fish. Love the daily selections written on the chalkboard. The waiter we had was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. We had a nice Sauvignon Blanc with our fresh fish dinner and really enjoyed ourselves. Although a bit on the pricey side, I would still give it a good value score. Just a fantastic meal.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

You can't go wrong trusting this restaurant to get the seafood done right. Daily selections are posted on a chalk board at your table. My wife and I started the meal with raw oysters. They were much saltier and creamier than the US cousins we were use to. Very tasty. As a main we chose the Turbot with saffron sauce which came with mussels and shrimp. A very pretty dish that had a very rich sauce to compliment the delicate fish. We finished the meal with three versions of crime brûlée. Excellent meal. My only complaint is the lack of parking.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Great meal; fresh and tasty seafood. Well priced and friendly service. Kilo of mussels a treat. Accommodated despite not making a booking.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place has a great unassuming charm to it. The food was fresh and delicious; in particular the seafood platter for starter and the Sweaty Betty for main. I would definitely recommend it and will definitely go back