“Friday Night Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Some colleagues took me here after work for dinner before we worked our way back to the other side of town one bar at a time! I have never had fresher seafood, the oysters were the best that I ever ate and I'm usually not a fan of mussels but my friend talked me into them and I was glad that he did.....WOW, great with the local Galway Beer.
And thanks to the waitress for the pint glass, I'll add the Galway Hooker to my pint glass collection. Great place, supper fresh food, great service, nice atmosphere. I am sorry that I couldn't make it back on Saturday.

There are newer reviews for Oscar's Seafood Bistro

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you like seafood, then visit Oscar's, one tip though BOOK! I emailed them a month before to book and glad I did. They were full and it was only a Thursday, they must have turned away about 20 people during our meal.

The food was superb and fairly reasonably priced, 2 courses with wine came to 100euro. I would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank JLCD2010
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Really good spot, this. Brother in law goes there a lot and he raves about it. I was glad to be finally able to try it yesterday. Was v impressed with it. Excellent food, friendly and efficient service and good value. The BBQ pork ribs were superb. Best I've had probably. While my steak was good the fish and chips my friend had was just outstanding. He got a massive helping and could not finish it; he asked to assist which I was only to happy to. The fish was really fresh as you might expect in Galway. Will have this next time I am there. There were 10 of us there and to a man we all really rated the meal. Was good value too. Recommended

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Visited Oscar's t the weekend. It was absolutely fab. Haven't had food this good in a long long time. Yummy!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the #1 restaurant according to TripAdvisor in Galway. We got there shortly after they opened for the evening (I believe it was 6 pm) on a Saturday without a reservation. It is a small restaurant and if we agreed to free up the table by 8, they would seat us. What a treat . . . a very innovative chef. I had the salmon and it was perfect.