“Really good food, best ribs and fish & chips I've had in years”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #5 of 467 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin Ireland
“Really good food, best ribs and fish & chips I've had in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Really good spot, this. Brother in law goes there a lot and he raves about it. I was glad to be finally able to try it yesterday. Was v impressed with it. Excellent food, friendly and efficient service and good value. The BBQ pork ribs were superb. Best I've had probably. While my steak was good the fish and chips my friend had was just outstanding. He got a massive helping and could not finish it; he asked to assist which I was only to happy to. The fish was really fresh as you might expect in Galway. Will have this next time I am there. There were 10 of us there and to a man we all really rated the meal. Was good value too. Recommended

• Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited Oscar's t the weekend. It was absolutely fab. Haven't had food this good in a long long time. Yummy!

Visited April 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“We were lucky to get in without a reservation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the #1 restaurant according to TripAdvisor in Galway. We got there shortly after they opened for the evening (I believe it was 6 pm) on a Saturday without a reservation. It is a small restaurant and if we agreed to free up the table by 8, they would seat us. What a treat . . . a very innovative chef. I had the salmon and it was perfect.

• Visited March 2013
Ballycotton, Ireland
“Would live to visit here every week.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

It was 7 years since we visited Oscar's, and they didn't let us down. Got their last table with on 35 minutes notice. Food was outstanding & staff were fabulous. Explained the dishes so we knew what we were going to get before hand. Will definitely visit again & would recommend to a friend.

• Visited March 2013
Galway
“Favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant in Galway - worth the little bit more that you pay . I usually judge a place by how they cook their monkfish and the last time I was there (a month ago) I had it and it was perfect :)

• Visited February 2013