“Great food, nice experience”

Oscar's Seafood Bistro
Ranked #5 of 495 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a great time in Oscars recently. The Lobster main is highly recommended. The service was quick and the staff very nice. A great restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

It was my birthday and my wife and I went for dinner with our son and daughter and their partners.
I had read about this restaurant and it proved to be an excellent choice.
I cannot fault it in any way. The food was delicious; I had oysters and then brill and my family tried other dishes, all of which were first class. The service brilliant and the welcome and friendliness of the staff were exceptional.
They did everything possible to ensure a relaxed and enjoyable evening for which I am truly grateful.
How refreshing to find a place where they undersatnd how to make this happen!

1  Thank ARHawkins3259
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The early bird is fantastic value for excellent food. Great service too. A large group of us went for dinner and found all the food and service excellent.

2  Thank Mirtha
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Oscars, haven't visited in about six months though. Wow, is all I can say, they have really gone from strength to strength. I had the fish croquettes and the ribs, which I have had before but they were even better than I remember them being before. Melt off the bone ribs and super-flavourful fish. Highly recommended and very reasonable value. The service is as always, superb.

3  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Ate at Oscar's our first night in Ireland. My wife and I shared an appetizer of pork ribs (delicious, huge portion), followed by brill for my wife and monkfish for me. The waitress was friendly and solicitous and the food was absolutely first rate. Our vacation was off to a great start. BTW, we used Trip Advisor for restaurant recommendations throughout our vacation and we were never disappointed.

2  Thank Donald B