“step back In time......”
Review of Cupan Tae

Cupan Tae
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Recently myself and a friend visited An Cupan Tae,in Galway,I must say,I loved it,the ambience is lovely,I adore the real china tea sets,the napkins,and lacey tablecloths.
We just had tea and cakes,lemon cake with delicious cream,and the most beautiful tea from a dainty little china cup.I could have sat here all day,and watched the world go by,but life calls,so I had to reluctantly depart and face the winter chills,howerver I was nicely warmed on the inside.Price was reasonable.well done cupan tae.I felt I had stepped back in time and what a lovely feeling it was...

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had the traditional afternoon tea experience, on a wet and windy Saturday afternoon. The staff were so friendly, the scones just gorgeous, and the whole experience amazingly enjoyable.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Ate here recently with my wife, a lovely spot to get away from the bustle of shops, welcoming staff and old fashioned china, will be back.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Cupán Tae is easily the most quant, dainty and delicious teashop I've visited in Ireland. The teas and coffees are lovely, as are the sandwiches and freshly baked scones with cream and homemade raspberry jam. My favorite sandwich is the rosemary scone one, with fillings that seem to change slightly each time I order it. The Galway Cream Tea is especially nice and I've always enjoyed their mochas, too. High tea comes served on a three-tiered platter with your choice of tea sandwiches, scone, and small bites of dessert. The food and drinks, coupled with the cute interior that's decorated with all the lacy and crocheted things you can imagine, makes for the perfect Irish afternoon tea experience.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here on a rainy Saturday and adored it.. The cafe is cute and quaint with very friendly and efficient staff.
I had the rosemary scone which was so fresh and delicious. The atmosphere is lovely and it's always busy so sometimes hard to get a table.. It's worth waiting for though!
Try the chocolate fudge cake... Amazing...