“Great breakfast, lovely staff.”
Review of Cupan Tae

Cupan Tae
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Galway
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
England
“Great breakfast, lovely staff.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed in Jurys but went over the road every day for a week to enjoy a breakfast at Cupan Tae. Quirky, imaginative menu well presented and delightfully served by the excellent staff. The full Irish breakfast is great,just ask for the bacon to be cooked fresh. The before noon tea is a treat for anybody who might have had enough Irish breakfasts. All in all one of our highspots of out trip to Galway.

Galway, Ireland
“afternoon tea”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Tea served in china cups and saucers and the sandwiches and pastries are very good. Tables are very close together.

Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Lovely little tea spot.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stopped by for a cup of Irish tea and I was transported back in time
This tea/restaurant boasts over 30 different types of tea, as well as, desserts and sandwiches.
The atmosphere is lovely. It reminded me of when I was a little girl dressing up to have tea with my dolls. The music was also a perfect touch.
I ordered the "Galway Cream" black tea (recommended by the waitress). Black tea with roasted coffee beans, jasmine flower, & cream. €3.55 for a teapot. More than enough tea for one person. I didn't have any treats, but those around me who did, seemed very pleased.
Well worth it, no doubt!

1 Thank Amanda W
Limerick, Ireland
“Just Perfect!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of a fantastic breakfast here, the food was local and delicious, the attention to detail is second to none. The owner deserves credit for obviously the food but also the table dressings, restaurant layout and presentation of food and staff courtesy and dress. Well done to all concerned lets hope more businesses copy your model.

Maine
“Tea for two”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'd seen Cupan Tae when we first arrived in the Galway area and had written it off as too cute. To my mind, it just had to be a tourist trap. Surprisingly, once we'd gotten on really friendly terms with our host at the B&B, he encouraged us to be sure to go there, as it was a place he really enjoyed. And he's a local! We made a point of stopping one afternoon when we were really ready for a late lunch and ordered the traditional afternoon tea. I loved the decor; my husband and I both really enjoyed the food. Tea, a full sandwich apiece, scones, and some darling little desserts set us back about thirty two dollars, US. That's a bit pricey, but the theatre of a proper tea, served on proper china, on a lovely tablecloth, with generous amounts of food, seemed entirely worth the splurge.

Visited July 2013