“Chaotic”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Visited here today. The food is fine but the place is chaotic. The tables are too close together. It's not a restaurant, it's a coffee place that does lunch. It's wrong to categorise it as a restaurant and the reviews make me question their authenticity.... Sorry

1  Thank MrGalway

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I recently visited this tea shop with a friend. She has a little girl in a buggy. There was very little room to manouver, so we had to take her out of her buggy and fold up the buggy. We were surprised by how unhelpful the waitress was. We were left standing trying not to block other customers as we waited to be seated. My friend felt like a nuisance with her (extremely well behaved) little girl.
We ordered afternoon tea, which is includes a pot of tea, a selection of lovely sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and a selection of cakes. I found it hard to pick just one tea as there is such a great selection. We both really enjoyed our food and were glad we stayed. We will most definitley go back but hope we get a better reception next time.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We found this unique tea shop while strolling the neighborhood near the shopping district. We stopped in for a cup of tea and a scone, and found a tea selection list that covered 4 pages. The deserts were fabulous as was the wait staff.
It is definitely worth the stop even if it is a few blocks out of the way.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

My wife and I came upon the tea-house totally by accident and what a find! A really friendly atmosphere from the moment of our entering. What a difference a smile makes! We had intended to have just a cup of tea and perhaps,share a sandwich. The welcome we received persuaded us to push the boat out and have one each. Each 'sandwich' is a meal in itself! They come with delicious side salad, home-made chutney and home-made diced potatoes. The tea is served in delightful china teapots, cups and saucers. The service was excellent. A wonderful experience!

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great nostalgic Irish Tea room right in the city is brilliant! Had such a lovely time there and enjoyed the atmosphere. A great selection of teas to choose from and the food is very tasty!! I had the Christmas tea, which if Christmas could taste like anything this would be it. And to eat I had the Irish smoked salmon on bread bread. The brown bread is by far the best I have had in all of Ireland. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend Cupan Tae to anyone young and old.