“This is the place to go for food at any time of the day in Galway”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Galway
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I go here quite regularly - the food is always well presented and tastes amazing. Even at its busiest the staff are always very friendly. Apart from the evening meals, lunches, pastries and great coffee, I recommend the Irish breakfast.... its now one of the things we most look forward to at the weekend. And then of course you can stroll along Galway Bay either before or after... it doesn't get much better than this...

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I ate again in the Gourmet Tart Company restaurant in Salthill on Friday night with my husband. We were again really impressed with the food which was amazing and the choice excellent. We went for the €25 four course menu was great value and really caters for all tastes. The courses are very well presented and really well sized.......so there's room for dessert even after a starter, sorbet and main course!! The wine list is really good and they're serving beer now so hubbie was really pleased with that.The service was friendly, attentive and efficient. There was a lovely ambiance in the restaurant. We are looking forward to visiting again soon!

2  Thank silver7273
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I have been to dinner in Gourmet Tart Co 3 times since it opened in July 2010 and have been blown away by the experience every time.

I went recently as part of a group and we had a fantastic evening. The food was fab, service top class and the atmosphere was electric. Considering it was a cold night at the end of January, I was amazed to see that the restaurant was completely full with the chatter of the crowed creating such a great atmosphere.

The set menu of 4 courses for €25 is amazing value because it is also the A La Carte menu so you get the same choice of food bundled into a great price! Some high-end main courses (e.g. fillet steak) have a small additional charge of around €2/€2.50. As well as the A La Carte menu, there are a number of specials on the night. After much deliberation (the choices are extensive!), I chose one of the specials, a wonderful crab meat risotto with avocado ice cream as my starter and the fillet of pork wrapped in Serrano ham for main course (I'm still raving about it!). In between the starter and main course, they serve a gorgeous fruity sorbet. The portions are very generous but you do have the option to get veg and potato sides for a minimal additional cost. Rather than stopping there, I just HAD to go for dessert (this is the Gourmet Tart Co after all!!) and I chose the apple strudel which was just perfect. To accompany all of the above, I would highly recommend the house Rioja which was great value.

It is a rare (but so welcome) occurrence to get such amazing food at such great value and it's what everyone needs right now so we can still have a brilliant night out without breaking the bank! Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank luckycatgal
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I went to the Gourmet Tart on Friday for a meal with my mum and 2 sisters. This was my second time having an evening meal there. It was great to see that even though my last meal was in September the quality of food, service and value had not changed, in fact it may even have improved. My mum and sisters were so impressed. All of our courses were beautifully presented and of course delicious. My personal highlight was the Baileys custard dessert, my mum thought her sticky toffee pudding dessert was beyond delicious. My sister couldn't get over how yummy her steak was, how it was cooked perfectly to her liking and the price! My other sister loved her main course of pork steak served in a mustard sauce with lentils and savoy cabbage. Of course there was a crab risotto with avacado icecream( amazing taste and texture). French onion soup( made with real stock), smoked duck spring rolls, goats cheese salad. In fact everything was amazing. I can't wait to go again.

2  Thank scobymonica
Reviewed February 6, 2011

On a recommendation from my parents I frequented this establishment with my boyfriend. I expected great things as praise from my parents on meat or fish dishes is hard to come by, they are both amazing at cooking and it is rare to receive both cooked to perfection. But we did... All I can say is I was blown away from start to finish. Four courses for €25 was the order of the day and seemingly still there. I assumed it would be mediocre as a result, possibly because you can still pay that for a single course in other establishments. Each course was made lovingly with amazing attention to detail. Good, well-knowledged advice was given on wine, which for once was not overpriced.
The service was impeccable, one of those places where it is easy to catch their eye but they're not in-your-face and intrusive. One of, if not THE best meal I have ever eaten, here or abroad. I cannot but recommend The Gourmet Tart, my only hope is that in doing so I'm not reducing my chances of getting a table next time I want one. Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Galwayladyee