“Essence of relaxing Galway culture!”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Galway
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Love the Gourmet Tart Company, fabulous modern and minimalist designed space. Relaxing Parisienne cafe feel on the West coast of Ireland! Beautiful food with beautiful flavours on savoury food menu and of course excellent patisserie! Defiantly a spot to take in the feel of Galway City!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Having spent 6 years in Galway, I had enough time to sample pretty much everywhere. But gourmet tart still number 1. I love everything about it, from lunchtime wraps in the abbey gate street store to dinners in salthill. Cater for all tastes, and their tiffin bars...amazing!! A must place to visit!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My workplace is very near Gourmet Tart Abbeygate St and I live near the Raven's Terrace café, so I see myself getting the 3 salad containers for a fiver most days for lunch. Love the new Winter slaw salad as well as a couple of the other choices. The coffee is great too and what other deli let's you pick as many salad options in a sandwich without charging extra? very generous of you!
But I do miss the gorgeous green been, mustard and caper salad tubs you did last year, hope you bring it back at some point. I also remember some amazing marinated mushrooms a few years back, they were amazing! :)
Thanks for being a great lunch option and I'll try out the restaurant on Salthill sometime too!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Regularly come here but have found lately things gone downhill. Still reasonably priced. Run out of popular things early in the day sometimes.

1  Thank alm0
michelleod, Owner at Gourmet Tart Company, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for your honest review and for recognising that our prices are reasonable. I hope you are also happy with the quality of our food. I agree that it can get very busy at times and it is a big challenge to keep everything in stock. Sometimes there can be a church ceremony (across the road) and we, as a result, can have unexpectedly large numbers of customers. We make most of our food to order. We don't use additives and preservatives to extend the life of our products. We need to keep a very close eye on wastage - because we don't want to unnecessarily drive up our prices. We are working very hard and quality of food and reasonable prices are our priority. These are some of the reasons why we can sometimes run out of products and hopefully it will give you an insight into how we are trying to operate. I appreciate your custom and your comments and I hope you'll be back to us. I'd be delighted if you chose to amend the title to your review because I feel that it doesn't reflect the tone of the review itself, which is more than reasonable. Thank you for taking the time to write. Michelle Hyland, Owner, Gourmet Tart Co.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

had a beautiful breakfast here this morning, great start to the day and perfect end to night away. love when we find a place like this and great to see it thriving. Thank you.