“GOURMET YES/SERVICE NO”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Galway
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dublin, Ireland
“GOURMET YES/SERVICE NO”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I would like to share four experiences. When it opened in Salt Hill it was exciting, nice servers of pastries, restaurant was a limtied menu, better. Food fresh.

2nd time went in more tables,for brunch, wine bar added. Food was good.

3rd time my husband and I were put in the way back table next to wine bar and ignored, finally waiter came over we asked for board special, he came with something else, nothing like we ordered. We were upset.

4th time went in for bread, my husband owns a French Bakery, the girls were upset (close to close time) said no then manager type said ok, sold us a stale baguette with a sour face. Sorry we were very nice and thanked her.

My advice would be get the owners back there to see what staff is doing.

• Visited March 2013

“Ticks all the boxes”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A great bustling restaurant whether it's for brunch , lunch or dinner, it's quality but affordable and never disappoints. It's a great option for dining in Galway. Got a really cool vibe going on in here. Couldn't recommend it enough and great to see a place like this doing well in Galway .

1 Thank Foodiesmoothie
“quality service & top food”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

dined here about 8 times when lived in salthill last year.

best food ever and great service for a great price.

could not fault it.

keep up that great service

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank petalsrocks
“An absolute gem”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few months since my last visit but it was every bit as good as the last time. Fantastic food, great service and terrific value for money. Keep up the great work.

1 Thank j_mo0
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Far to noisy”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have eaten here a several times over the few months usually around 2 to 3 o'clock, the place is always busy which is a good sign. Waiting for a table can be a bit hit and miss, the staff do seem stressed out but polite enough. The food is fine but perhaps a little bland, but that could be me being fussy, on our last visit I had the sea bass with broth, again fine but it was served with chips, it really did not work, a mash could have been better choice. My husband had the pear, walnut and fig salad which he enjoyed. The reason I write this review is to show in my mind one of the reasons why the staff seem so stressed. The place is far to noisy. To be subject to that amount of noise over a number of hours would test the most pleasant person. I would imagine when they leave work their ears must be ringing, the place needs sound deadening materials added which would benefit staff and customer alike. Again the food is fine as are the prices.

1 Thank Bee B