“Great food reasonably priced”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Galway
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for lunch on Saturday - it was packed - always a good sign! We had lovely soup and sandwiches and my daughter had lamb tagine with cous cous. A steal at €5.50 off the kids menu. All the food was really high quality, tasty and good value.

1  Thank enjoyslifeIreland

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Decided to give GTC another chance after a couple of disastrous visit's last year. It wasn't busy but the waitress seemed to have difficulty as to where she would put us even though a lot of tables were empty. Starters were good and enjoyed by all, mains were just okay. Only one of our party had dessert. Service was very pleasant, much improved on previous visits, but still no sign of name tags on staff despite being told last June all staff would have them. Value was excellent but overall lacking in atmosphere, will return but won't rush it.

michelleod, Owner at Gourmet Tart Company, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you so much for this lovely review and for your positive comments on our value for money and the quality of our food and service. Its often not as easy as it appears to seat people. Spare seats may not suit certain people - a mother with kids for example will have different requirements to a couple on a date or a group of teenagers. It may take a few minutes to find the best table for you rather than giving you the first table to hand - this is all part of the service that we strive to provide in order to give everyone the best experience possible. I would never have known this prior to owning a restaurant. Most of our staff have many years experience and we learn from them every day. I have responded to you privately regarding the name tags and our decision not to use them for the moment. I really appreciate your custom and your review and I hope to see you again at some stage. Michelle Hyland, Owner, Gourmet Tart Co

Reviewed February 20, 2013

On a wet windy Sunday we queued for brunch .... It was worth waiting for. The food was excellent and the atmosphere buzzing. We also tried out their other kitchens in Galway, all of which offered fresh quality food.

1  Thank MontyBucks
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Love the food here and I visit often just wondering will you bring back the Cajun chicken Caesar salad please!!

1  Thank holidayfunhad2011
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I managed to squeeze in two visits to the Gourmet Tart Company over my weekend in Galway. They're closed earlier in the evenings at the moment out in Salthill, but that's set to change at the end of next week so I had to make do with lunch on Friday and a Sunday brunch, both were excellent, up to their usual high standards, loved the pulled pork pork belly & hoisin sauce in toasted foccacia. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but took one of their triple chocolate mousses away to have later, I had to have another one for desert at brunch yesterday, and also also tried some of my better half's rhubarb crumble, absolutely delicious!

2  Thank SEAMUS.R