“Yummy”

Gourmet Tart Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Galway
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Yum yum - you should remember however that your hips don't lie! Visited regularly with friends (and on my own!!!)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ate here last weekend, guinea fowl and an absolutely sublime sauce. We eat here regularly and are always accomadated. It's rare these days that staff remember your name aswell, not to mention my delight in realising they have a fluent Irish speaker (Filipino if I remember correctly...) who took our order in Irish upon realising that is what we were speaking. It's the little touches here that really make it, the tables are always cleared and cleaned straight away, water arrives as soon as we're seated. It's just good food, served by people who have the appropriate skills, at a very reasonable price. We love it!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This bakery/restaurant is a great addition to Salthill. The Bakery display is eye catching with excellent bread, croissants and tarts. The Lavazza coffee is really good and good value for takeway.
The cafe/restaurant is always excellent with innovative and imaginative food which is really good quality. Great place for lunch, brunch, breakfast and dinner. Good servive too.
The only downside is the noise, the room is crying out for some soft furnishings to soften the noise and make the place a little cosier especially for dinner.
A real asset to Salthill

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I learned about Gourmet Tart on this site so put it on my list to visit. I went for dessert mid-week. The dessert was OK -- not as good as I expected based on what I'd read here; I've had better in walk-in bakeries and "average" restaurants.

The service was good, but not special. The interior is nice but there's something about a mostly white interior in a cool, overcast place like Ireland that felt clinical, so for me it did not provide an inviting environment. I really wanted to like this place but the overall experience did not deliver.

1  Thank Erin O
michelleod, Owner at Gourmet Tart Company, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to come out to visit us. I am sorry that you were not overly impressed. I can understand, from reading the reviews on tripadvisor, that you might have been expecting more. Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed by the reviews myself. I am always delighted to receive a good review but I hope that our ratings are not raising peoples expectations too much. At the end of the day, we are a casual, good value, neighbourhood restaurant. We have very loyal customers - some of whom call into us everyday for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our philosophy is really just to offer the best food we can at the best prices with minimum fuss. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Galway. Michelle Hyland, Owner, Gourmet Tart.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My partner and I eat in Gourmet Tart so often and I have to say we love it! It's our 'go to' place for lunch - the food is always very tasty and reasonably priced! The staff are friendly and there is a nice buzz about the place. Have recommended GT to all my friends and family and they are equally impressed!