“Amazing Food!”

The Townhouse Bar
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Townhouse Bar offers over 100 craft and world beers, including a large range of Irish Craft beers. Gastro pub food and small bites are served daily, our menu is supporting local Suppliers and fresh home grown Irish Produce offering up celiac and vegetarian options. Our resident band Four Men and a Bass play every Thursday night from 9pm and we host Sunday Americana Sessions from 4pm. Upstairs at the Townhouse is a music venue dedicated to original live music and hosts an array of live music and arts entertainment, listings and tickets are available from our website and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming events.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went for lunch here recently and was delighted with the new menu. I had the 3 bean chilli with added chorizo, the tastiest chorizo i've had! Even without the meat it makes an amazing vegetarian dish. My girlfriend had the chargrilled pork burger which was juicy and delicious. Gorgeous side dishes accompanied our food. I'll definitely eat here again!

There are newer reviews for The Townhouse Bar

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Absolutely loved the goats cheese pie. Excellent and refreshing take on pub grub! Quality, healthy, colourful, creative, reasonable prices. Great choice of craft beers. I'll be back!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I recently visited Galway as my daughter has started in NUIG. We stopped for lunch at the Townhouse Bar around the corner from Quay st and was presently surprised. Really great quality pub grub in a relaxed atmosphere, more my daughters style than mine I have to admit but the food was unbeatable. I had a lovely chargrilled pork burger with a sort of lemony feta on crusty bread, home cut chips and morish little dip. My Wife had chargrilled octopus salad and my daughter a cress, mushroom and blue cheese sandwich. The prices were very reasonable and the portions perfect. The bar didn't have the standard beers on tap besides Guinness, but again we were pleasantly surprised with the craft beers we were offered at the bar, even my wife was happy with hers and she is a hard woman to please!
We'll definitely be making this our go to place for lunch on our next visit to Galway. I'm looking forward to trying out the chilli

Reviewed November 19, 2013

The staff is very accommodating, the food is great, and I loved the atmosphere. When I visited Galway I went bar hoping but kept ending up back at the Townhouse! Definitely my favorite bar in Galway. It's big enough for lots of people but very cozy atmosphere and comfortable places to sit. They have great tshirts As well! Can't wait to go back! Definitely a must visit...

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Yumtree are now providing food in the townhouse bar. I've eaten there twice now and both times the quality of food has been excellent. It's more gastropub that your regular bar food menu. it is really good value for money and I'm already looking forward to eating there again soon.