“Nice place”
Review of Ocean Crest B&B

Ocean Crest B&B
Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Galway
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Ocean Crest. We were on the first floor, near the door, facing the road, and we did not have any problem with noise. Our room was large and the beds were comfortable. I thought the owner was very friendly and helpful. The reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it was a bit far to walk back late at night (6 euros taxi) and because there was no hot water for my friend in the morning. Shower was fine at night though. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shawna A

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The b&b is located a few steps from one the beaches of salthill,Galway.the view is amazing and there is a bus stop that connect you the city centre or there is a lovely easy walk along the sea that leads straight to the Latin quarter. The stuff is rally helpful and kind to any request. My friends and I asked about the cliffs of Moher and Aron Islands and they kindly organised it at the best! I already recommended this place to many friends!
I would love to go back!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wished someone else has warned me about this B&B. Any bedrooms on the first floor face the super noisy road. So no peaceful sleep there. Other renters tromping in and out the front door or are hanging out in the hallway at all hours of the night. Very thin walls are in place so between the noise of people coming and going and the cars rushing by no sleep is possible. The shower is all of one inch off the floor with a flimsy curtain. Thus if you take a shower you're flooding the whole bathroom floor. Very unpleasant to step in huge puddles left from the flood while brushing your teeth or using the toilet. Breakfast was greasy and will make you feel nauseous all day. On top of that when checking out the woman proprietor despite repeatedly telling her I wanted to be charged in Euros apparently decided to rip me off a extra 3.5% using currency conversion and charge me in dollars. I don't need the woman proprietor to give me a absurdly high conversion rate when my bank gives me 0% to convert it themselves. Meanwhile, she kept telling me the dollar amount was "for reference" LYING through her teeth about it since it clearly states on the receipt final transaction was charged in dollars. VISA/Mastercard state that Merchants are suppose to give you a CHOICE BETWEEN EUROS OR DOLLARS. She DID NOT. Do yourself a favor and stay FAR FAR away from this SHADY, DISHONEST, LYING Bed & Breakfast Establishment.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Madison94
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my daughter in July 2012. Rooms are good and well equipped with all modern amenities. But bathroom was very narrow. Staff was very friendly and helped my daughter in collecting the required information about the city. Irish breakfast was lovely. Centrally located hotel is a wonderful place to enjoy magnificent views of the ocean. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Rooms clean and very spacious. The owner bent over backwards to help us, booking taxis, excursions, warming milk for our little one etc. The cooked breakfast is a steal at 4.95 euros and the location between Salthill and the main city is perfect. The only minus is that the heating goes off between 10 and 17, not usually a problem but as my wife was ill and needed to stay in it was not great as it got very cold. The owner did give us a heater which helped. Apparently this is an issue everywhere in Ireland and not just here. Anyway, I would not hesitate to recommend this place and we would definitely consider it again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a motel-style B&B like any other. You can expect basic amenities and reasonable service.
Perhaps a good choice for a family stay. Very close to the sea, in a quiet suburb off downtown Galway. But... too quiet if you are in Galway for pub crawling, clubbing, dining out etc. It may take you at least half an hour walking towards Galway centre.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights got a en-suite room in the top floor (attic). The room was quite cute, clean and nice with a nice view over the Galway bay. It had a queen size bed and a small make-up table with two chairs by the window. The sink is in the room and then there is a separation wall which doesn't go all the way up to the ceiling for the toilet and shower. The water pressure in the shower is like in many other Irish houses quite bad. Small thick TV which didn't work but I didn't use it anyway. Breakfast was bread, egg, bacon and sausages and there was some cereal and juice, everything quite plain. The staff was nice and helpful. The location is great, there is the promenade just outside and only a 15min walk into Galway city.

Room Tip: In front for a better view.