“Fantastic maps, wonderful countryside and well planned”
Review of Hillwalk Tours

Hillwalk Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for reviews of the best walking tours? Hillwalk Tours' reviews are testament to the fact that we will take you to the most beautiful locations, tell you about the best restaurants and pubs and will generally show you a great time! But don't just take our word for it - have a look at our walking tour reviews!
Hobart, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic maps, wonderful countryside and well planned”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A great holiday, recommend for those who like walking without having to carry heavy packs. I walked the Western Way (Galway and Mayo). Stunning and varied scenery and excellent accommodation for the five days of walking.

1 Thank Keith J

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderal Walk on the Beara Way”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just completed the stunning 5-day moderate walk along the Beara Way in late September. The scenery was varied and beautiful, from sweeping coastal views, to quiet mountain paths, and quaint villages and farmland. I stayed at Island View B&B and Windy Point and was treated to warm hospitality and delicious meals! I walked by myself, but had the company of the sheep, cows, horses, and even a friendly pup on Bere Island who walked with me for a few hours (luckily we looped back around to his home :)! This was a great way to experience a part of Ireland that not many tourists get to see, and booking through Hillwalk is great because they made the whole trip seamless; the walking pack was detailed and informative and they set you up in the best places to stay and eat! I would book again in a heartbeat!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Excellent walk through the Wicklow Mountains”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I wanted a self-guided walking tour of Ireland and found Hillwalk on the web. They offer a lot of walking tours in Ireland and Scotland. I chose their "Wicklow Way - 7-day Challenging Hike." I've taken other overseas walks with other companies (Hadrian's Wall Path in England and the Camino de Santiago in Spain). I enjoyed all of them but found Hillwalk Ireland's the best overall experience. All of the B&B's were good on this walk with friendly hosts at all of them. The support from Hillwalk was excellent. When I emailed a question, they responded promptly. The information packet they mailed out in advance had really good walking notes for each day and clear instructions for getting to that night's B&B and then back to the trail the next morning. The daily transport of my suitcase to the next B&B on the route went off without a hitch.

4 Thank PhillySojourner
Tuitjenhorn, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful hike through Ireland”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We contacted Hillwalk Ireland to see if we could hav a trip to Ireland. We found it to be one of our best holiday choises. We really enjoyed this holiday and also the very good communication with Hillwalk. It was our first holiday we booked in the internet and we were surprised by the correct and pleasant way of communication. Also there was never any issue or concern in having prepaid our holiday trip in advance.

Ireland is an extremely beautiful country with very pleasant inhabitants. Everywhere we went we feld more than welcome. We really think about taking more hiking trips in Ireland, Scotland or maybe even Norway.

So Hilwalk thanks for a very pleasant stay in Ireland.

1 Thank GijsLogman
Eugene, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kerry Way Way”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I recently completed the 130+ mile Kerry Way in Ireland. This is a terrific walk with plenty of scenic terrain and variety. Walkers stay in pleasant B&Bs and have their luggage transferred between accommodations. Hillwalk Ireland takes care of the lodging and luggage arrangements for a reasonable price. The company also provides a map packet and helpful daily route descriptions. I recommend this walk and company without hesitation.

2 Thank miller_sk