“The place for Kebabs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Charcoal Grill

The Charcoal Grill
Ranked #64 of 466 Restaurants in Galway
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Turkish Kebab restaurants in the heart of Galway. All our Kebabs are made fresh on our premises and are very reasonably priced. We offer a full take away menu with delicious chargrilled burgers to our own homemade taco sause fries. For our vegetarians we have lovely homemade falafel and humus which are very popular. Enjoy eat in or take out. We also offer a delivery service from 5pm daily. Open Mon -Sun 11.30 til 3am...
Galway, Galway, Ireland
“The place for Kebabs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I like the doner kebabs , the kofta's and the sheesh kebabs. Authentic taste and very tasty. And again very affordable.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Fast Food / Kebab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great food, friendly staff. I had a nice chat with the owner and some of the workers when we went in, since there weren't so many customers about. They were all lovely and the kebab was delicious. There was a man in there at the same time who was trying to get away with not paying, and they swiftly took his food away and removed him from the restaurant, which just goes to show that they are used to dealing with drunk idiots in the wee hours of the morning. Very well priced as well.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Galway, Ireland
“Love Charcoal grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

They do great food. There prices are also reasonable. They are always very busy when nightclubs finish up in Galway.

Visited June 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“bad cold junk fast food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

the kebabs were tasteless the chips were cold and had been re fried so many times they were going dark

Visited May 2012
Galway
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

This used to be my regular haunt after a night out. I always enjoyed the shish kebab, which was even nicer after a few drinks! However, an episode in their Eyre Sq branch on Halloween night has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and i will NEVER step foot inside there again. The staff were extremely rude and obnoxious, a very drunk girl stole my food when someone was taking my picture, when i turned around she was sitting down eating my kebab and drinking my can of coke! I understand it was my fault for turning my back on my food on a busy night, however the staff treated me as if i was piece of s#@t!! and were not one bit helpful. All i wanted was my food, to make a long story short... the turkish staff behind became very agressive towards me and my partner and came out from behind the counter in a very threatening and intimidating manner, which made me feel very scared. Everybody was looking at us and i was very embarrased and afraid. i will never eat there again. my new kebab place has got to be Capital on eglinton st, staff are warm and friendly and the fresh bread that they cook in house is devine compared to the packaged pitta in charcoal grill, however i do miss the chilli sauce from charcoal but i will be boycotting for my own safety!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles