“bad cold junk fast food”
Review of The Charcoal Grill

The Charcoal Grill
Ranked #55 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Turkish Kebab restaurants in the heart of Galway. All our Kebabs are made fresh on our premises and are very reasonably priced. We offer a full take away menu with delicious chargrilled burgers to our own homemade taco sause fries. For our vegetarians we have lovely homemade falafel and humus which are very popular. Enjoy eat in or take out. We also offer a delivery service from 5pm daily. Open Mon -Sun 11.30 til 3am...
Dublin, Ireland
“bad cold junk fast food”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

the kebabs were tasteless the chips were cold and had been re fried so many times they were going dark

Visited May 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Galway
“Never again!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

This used to be my regular haunt after a night out. I always enjoyed the shish kebab, which was even nicer after a few drinks! However, an episode in their Eyre Sq branch on Halloween night has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and i will NEVER step foot inside there again. The staff were extremely rude and obnoxious, a very drunk girl stole my food when someone was taking my picture, when i turned around she was sitting down eating my kebab and drinking my can of coke! I understand it was my fault for turning my back on my food on a busy night, however the staff treated me as if i was piece of s#@t!! and were not one bit helpful. All i wanted was my food, to make a long story short... the turkish staff behind became very agressive towards me and my partner and came out from behind the counter in a very threatening and intimidating manner, which made me feel very scared. Everybody was looking at us and i was very embarrased and afraid. i will never eat there again. my new kebab place has got to be Capital on eglinton st, staff are warm and friendly and the fresh bread that they cook in house is devine compared to the packaged pitta in charcoal grill, however i do miss the chilli sauce from charcoal but i will be boycotting for my own safety!!

1 Thank JesabelGalway
Galway, Ireland
“Delicious Fast Food”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The charcoal grill is our regular spot for an unhealthy treat! It's a turkish takeout with kebabs, falafel, burgers and chips. The chips are always well cooked, and the portions are very large and cheap. The falafal is alo delicious and the salads are great. They used to make their own hummus which was delicious but they only have garlic mayo and chilli now. The salads are also particularly nice for a fast food joint! The cabbage and lettuce are dressed lightly in lemon and loive oil an dthe onion is fresh and crispy! They open really late and it's best to avoid the place between 1.3- and 4 as there are huge queus of drunk people. If you've got a greasy food craving, this is the place to take it!

• Visited March 2012
Boston, MA
“Best quick bite in town”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Charcoal grill has delicious flavorful kebabs done right! It's got burgers and chips but the skewer meats are fantastic. If you need a bite on a budget, go to Charcoal- There are a bunch in Galway.... It started as just one so don't mistake it for a major chain. This place is really lovely and isn't just a fast food place.

Check it out!

• Visited February 2011
“Fantastic doner burger meal nom nom”
Reviewed February 24, 2011