“delicious”

Restaurant Gigi’s
Ranked #157 of 503 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant gigi's offers an extensive menu inspired by the use of the very best local ingredients and seasonal produce. Guests can savour a taste of the West in stylish surroundings with attentive yet discreet service. Restaurant gigi's was awarded 'Best Hotel Restaurant in Galway' at the Irish Restaurant Awards and holds 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

my partner and I ate here for NYE 2012 - great choice by my partner.
my starter of lobster ravioli with lobster bisque and garlic foam was unreal - absolutley fab.
if i could order this for the main I would again - delicious
my main was the not so common pairing of monkfish fillets with oxtail - what a great combination. really really good. def reommend it
sorbets between courses and post dinner cheeses were lovely.
cocktails and dancing post dinner in the pink room made it night to remember - we'll be back!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

My partner and I visited this restaurant having been excited by the fabulous menu we viewed online. We arrived and had a very enjoyable drink in the bar area of the G and were seated at a very nice table in the restaurant.
We decided to order from the a la carte as it all just described so fabulously that we didn't want to be restricted with choice!
My starter was the potted pork cheek and scallops, it was only ok. It was well presented but disappointed on taste. My main course was the chicken on a bed of risotto which was utterly BORING!! it lacked flavour, it was just awful!! So much so that i brought it to the attention of the restaurant manager. She did offer to get me something else but i declined.
My partner had the mackerel to start which he said was ok, it had said it came with pickled 'beets' and so he was expecting a variety but plain old regular beetroot from a jar arrived! He then had the steak, the meat itself was lovely but the accompaniments didn't gel and the plate seemed confused as a dish. We also ordered a portion of chips which never arrived.
As I was still hungry, I ordered dessert, the whoopie pie. It tasted like it was more than a day old , it was badly presented and it was just quite simply boring.
In the end I noticed we were not charged for my main, which was fine. It was all still far too expensive for what we got. I really don't mind paying well for good quality food. This was so average and the most I have spent on a meal in a restaurant in a long time.
As it happened, the taxi driver who took us back to where we were staying in Galway was a real foodie too and he recommended Aniar in Galway city which has just received a michelin star, we were very excited by this and were so sorry we hadn't known about it. I would much prefer to pay that sort of money for food being cooked by a chef who understands flavours.
I will not be going back to this restaurant and the experience has totally put me off the hotel.

2  Thank AliHan_1
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had to book a table in town on short notice for a few friends and me. I rang a few regular places but had no luck, as it was a busy weekend in town.I then thought of the g hotel I had heard mixed reviews but i gave it a shot and boy was i pleasantly surprised. Everything was top notch all food was presented well and cooked to perfection.
I had crab for starter and fillet steak for mains its was was one of the best fillet steaks iv ever tasted.
If there was one negative it would have to be was the portion sizes but in saying that we had starter mains and deserts and we were perfectly full.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food is an explosion of flavours in your mouth, the menu has an amazing choice and desert there are no words for the ginger cupcake with passion fruit sauce

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I visited for a light lunch with a friend. A first for me the soup was PINK yes pink. It was Red Onion soup. At first I was a little put off by the colour but that all disappeared when I tasted. It was excellent. So also were the sandwiches and coffee which is served with a small chocolate brownie. The service was charming and efficient. The décor is very different and pleasant. I will certainly return if in the area.