“What a nice end to our time in Galway”

Restaurant Gigi’s
Ranked #165 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European, Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant gigi's offers an extensive menu inspired by the use of the very best local ingredients and seasonal produce. Guests can savour a taste of the West in stylish surroundings with attentive yet discreet service. Restaurant gigi's was awarded 'Best Hotel Restaurant in Galway' at the 2016 Irish Restaurant Awards and holds 2 AA rosettes for culinary excellence.
London, United Kingdom
“What a nice end to our time in Galway”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We really had an amazing time at the G having our dinner the night before leaving. The hotel itself has many lounges where you can choose to enjoy a pre meal drink. The restaurants food was really good and we had a very attentive table service. Thanks for making our last night so special.

• Visited September 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“The best food I've ever had !!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Could not find even single detail to complain.fantastic food,brilliant service and beautifule atmosphere.loved it

• Visited August 2012
“Nice Restaurant - Decent food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I ate in this restaurant during my first night's stay in the G Hotel. I immediately liked the way the restaurant was decorated with lots of purples and pinks. The staff were friendly and efficient and there were no unwelcome delays in the service, nor did we feel rushed. I found the seating against the wall to be a bit uncomfortable simply because I'm quite short and when I sat back my arms couldn't reach the table!! I could probably have done with a cushion or two to make it more comfortable. The food was very tasty, especially the soup starter which was served in a bowl made of bread, it was delicious. My main course of chicken was a bit bland, but I think chicken can just be like this. For two people who ate two courses and had a glass of wine each - the bill came to €110 (including a 10% tip). I would eat in this restaurant again.

• Visited August 2012
London
“Decent food at a good price”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ate here on my first night at the hotel. The atmosphere was good and the service was excellent.

The food was pretty good (I had a steak) but it didn't stand out compared to some other places I've been. Don't get me wrong it was good and deserves its 4 stars.

When I got the bill I had a pleasant surprise. Overall I thought it was good value for money.

Dublin, Ireland
“Mixed”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

During a recent business trip, Was torn between eating casually in the creamy silvery lounge ( my favorite of the public spaces) or more formally in the restaurant. I wish I'd obeyed my gut and chosen the former. Decor really funky and stylish - a bit too 'statementy' for me but comfortable (velvet banquettes) and interesting details (unusual chairs covered in different colored colored velvets). Service was good throughout. I did my usual - 2 starters as starter and main and lots of sides. We recieved a very nice amuse of tiny squares of black pudding and apple compote which was delicious. My companion had a very pretty deconstructed prawn cocktail which she found to be too small a helping ( and found the lemon curd to be an odd taste). My starter wasn't a success ( but that was more my fault for misinterpreting the dish) - it turned out to be a very creamy cauliflower soup in a bread bowl with a sprinkling of cries and chili oil. I had thought I was ordering cauliflower cooled with cries and chili oil. My companion finished it off. Her main was con fed chicken - which she foundd to be fine but not particularly special ( and a bit dry). I had the scallops starter as a main and on 2nd attempt found it to be very nice (but not ravingly so). The 1st serving was cold and had to be returned..... Sides ( green beans in garlic and lemon, plus Salad from another main) were both good, fresh. Bill t thought was high given one of us didn't have a main, we had no desserts or tea/coffee and a 26 euro bottle of wine ( a nice dry verdejo). I'd probably not have found it to be expensive if we'd enjoyed the meal more.

• Visited July 2012