“Gem on quay street”
Review of Fat Freddy's

Fat Freddy's
Ranked #82 of 488 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Went to fat freddys on Halloween night with group of my friends! Loved the decorations and atmosphere of the place. Very quaint and cosy!
Food was delicious! Ordered the lasagne. Don't understand how a wet worm could possibly have been there as claimed in another review - surely the worm would have been well cooked!!!! As a group, fat freddys is always our steadfast option when eating in galway, and it has yet to disappoint! love the food, love the service and especially live the desserts!
We were all raving about the chips!!

There are newer reviews for Fat Freddy's

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here last night with my wife and 2 kids. Very impressed with the attention the kids got. Colouring sheets and crayons kept them in check while our food arrived. Our waitress was very friendly and the service was excellent. My wife and I Shared a pizza while our little ones had lasagne and carbonara. Food arrived quickly and was very tasty. Would definitely come back if ever around Galway again.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Galway for the weekend, fancied trying Fat Freddie's famous buffalo wings for some lunch. Waited at the door for too long to be seated, then seated with no menus, had to ask for menus! We noticed the cutlery on table was water marked and dirty, disappointing start. Waiter gave us lunch menus, no wings on it. Asked if we could have the al a carte wings, told no. Not good atmosphere, general vibe or service so we decided to leave, a first for us normally easily pleased people!!! Very disappointed, think the name alone makes it a big deal!! Had delicious wings in Sonny's with excellent service!

2  Thank Foodoscar
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place is nicely decorated. We found the menu very poor - my boyfriend ended up with chicken curry (I make the exact one at home) and I had pasta with olives just that the olives were missing from the dish. The dessert was lovely - white chocolate cheese cake. The dessert menu in general had great selection. The restaurant door were not closing properly so the dining experience was interrupted many times by someone having to get up and close the door. Slow table service. Expensive place for what we ordered.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

The seafood chowder was delicious, although it came out almost cold the first time (I guess waiting for the other order to be ready) I asked for it to be reheated which wasn't a problem although took a while to get re-delivered. Custom made pizza was really good and fresh. All in all a good little place