“Friendly,relaxing Good food”
Review of Fat Freddy's

Fat Freddy's
Ranked #81 of 489 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Irish, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just dined in Fat Freddies I found the staff very friendly, got seated quickly. It is an excellent place to go to dine and relax

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Love this place, Italian style pizza and much more too offer. Never dissapointed with this restaurant nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Keep up the good work!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Myself and three others ate in Fat Freddy's last night. We were so disappointed with the lack of service that we asked the waitress on the way out if the comment book had been removed from the toilet (there used to be one there). She explained it was gone for 'health and safety reasons' and left it at that.

We were given no menus for almost fifteen minutes after being seated. We asked for them. We asked if we could order to four different waiters before we could order. We asked for water three times before we were given it. We weren't given the parmesan and oil and had to ask for it (a newbie wouldn't have known you're supposed to get this). The wait staff were impatient and snappy when we we asked extremely politely if we could order.

We were all unanimous that it was the worst service we've ever received in a restaurant and for the first time in my life, I didn't tip in a restaurant.

The chefs are doing a sterling job. The food is consistently good but such lack of service ruins an evening. We spent a lot of money on our food and drink and no-one apologised for the bad service or even acknowledged it politely.

I've given it three stars because the food is excellent. Well done the chefs in Fat Freddy's but the service was hugely disappointing.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Love this restaurant! Have been here twice on my trips to Galway. The menu is extensive...offering mainly Italian food but also some Mexican. If you like pizza this is the place to go. Real authentic Italian pizza and reasonably priced! They also have really good desserts...for anyone with a sweet tooth try the banoffee pie! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent location on Quay Street but one of the poorest restaurants I've ever eaten in. We were seated straight away and our order taken quite quickly. For drinks we just ordered water and two cans of coke, I asked the waitress for ice as the water and cans were warm to which she advised there ice machine was broken so I asked did they at least have 'cold' cans of coke to which she apologised but advised no. Now I know machines break down and can't always be fixed immediately but management need to think on their feet i.e. buy bags of ice from the local supermarket or ask neighbouring pubs/restaurants to give them some and keep in their freezer! We visited Galway when Ireland was literally in the middle of a heatwave warm drinks do not help! Both myself and partner ordered Garlic Mushrooms for starters which in this restaurant means a plate of just actual mushrooms soaked in oil with garlic sauce on the sauce it was awful - this is not 'Garlic Mushrooms'!!! For main course we both ordered Cajun chicken which was absolutely disgusting!! The whole dish was just huge amounts of melted cheese on overcooked tough chicken on garlic bread. I couldn't eat any of it, it was so bad that I had to leave it. When the waitress went to take my plate away she didn't even acknowledge I hadn't touched my dinner. We were so turned off we decided not to get dessert. Very expensive price came to €49 for 2 plates of mushrooms, 2 warm cans of coke and 2 chicken dishes! The night before we had only paid €74 in the Quay Street Kitchen Restaurant for a three course meal including tea and wine!

FatFred007, Owner at Fat Freddy's, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Hello

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your visit. I can only apologise and hope you will give us another chance.

All the best!