“Amazing place to stock up for a picnic!”

Sheridans Cheesemongers Shop & Wine Bar
Ranked #11 of 503 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Wine Bar & Shop - serving artisan cheese and meat boards with breads and other small accompaniments. All products selected daily in the cheese & deli store below the wine bar. Our cheese shop (below the wine bar) serves Irish and European Cheeses along with other Irish Artisan products and cheese accompaniments like crackers, chutneys and jams.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went here and got some local cheese (Wicklow Brie and Galway goats cheese) plus a selection of olives from sheridans. The ladies there are lovely and let us taste the cheeses before we decided what to get, so many interesting choices!
We took our picnic to the Cliffs of Moher, was fantastic!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

A friend told me about this hidden wine bar. I was looking for something different then the Pub and Coffee shop to pass some time in the afternoon. Thanks to Trip Advisor App I found it no problem. Up the side stairs and into a room that has a real feel of Italian decor. The lady behind the counter / bar was very helpful in choosing a nice tasty Vino and cheese platter . €16 for Glass of white and Cheese . I sat by the window where I watched the world go by. It's a place you can go alone and not feel uncomfortable .
I will make it a regular stop off anytime I'm back to Galway.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

By far the best of European cheeses and the top from Ireland. Very knowledgeable staff. I was in Galway twice in Sept, and in Sheridan's twice in Sept.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Sheridans is the real deal. As soon as you walk in, you know that this is a place that knows cheese. The variety is wonderful, and they gladly let you sample whatever interests you. We bought some salami, cheese, bread, mustard, and a few other things, and had a "room picnic" at our b&b. There is a Sheridans in Dublin as well, although the one in Galway is larger. If you are interested at all in tasting great Irish cheese, don't miss Sheridans.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Went in to get some beautiful cheese to have with family while staying in Galway. Bought some fabulous Gorgonzola with the perfect cracker accompaniment suggested by the staff of Sheridans. I'm kicking myself I didn't see the upstairs part. Will definitely stop here on my next visit.