“Great time”

Bone Carving Studio and Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bone Carving Studio and Gallery in Galway offers the only bone carving classes in Ireland. At a one-day class you’ll create your own bone carving from start to finish. Whether you're a visitor or a native, a bone carving class is the perfect activity for a rainy Galway day...and it's also a unique souvenir, whether you create a piece to keep for yourself or you make something special for someone special!
Marlborough, Massachusetts
142 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Great time”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Bone Carving studio is a must for anyone (with or without creative talent). Aoife is skilled and patient and leads you step by step through the creation process. At the end of the day you end up with a hand created piece of jewelry. Some bits of the process were difficult for me but Aoife helped me right through them and I made something unique. If you have a group or if you are by yourself this day long (usually) class is a great time. I highly recommend it.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank 2HVTRAV4

Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Awesome!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My mother and I had an incredible time at the studio! First we learned about the process of making a carving and Aoife was just brilliant. She has the patience of a saint and even though my mothers drawing skill was questionable (according to my mom) ,Aoife promised her she would leave with a great piece, and my mom did indeed. Thank you Aoife for such a lovely time and we hope to visit again!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jackie w
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

When my daughter and I visited the Bone Carving Gallery looking to purchase we were surprised to see we could actually make a piece ourselves. I'm so glad we decided to give it a try. Aoife, an incredibly talented artist, walked us through the process from choosing a design, sketching, sanding, carving and polishing. She provided just the right amount of help, making sure your piece would turn out well but still be all your own. She was delightful company giving us one of the most rewarding experiences ever, plus we get to take home an original piece of jewelry. If you don't have the time or inclination to "do it yourself" stop in and purchase one of the pieces for sale as they are wonderful.

Visited August 2013
Mequon
“Miraculous”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The fairy with the creative genes forgot to drop some on me, and I warned Aoife of this, but she calmly and patiently led me through all of the steps which I found I could actually do -- ended up with a lovely piece that holds lots of wonderful memories of Ireland, of a day with a delightful teacher who subtly led me through my self imposed artistic limits. I'm glad I started with a simple piece and look forward to working on a slightly more complex piece next time I'm in Galway. Every one here in the states has asked about the piece which I find I'm wearing constantly...I love it. Thanks Aoife, it was a truly inspiring experience.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Julie L
Dublin, Ireland
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I drove all the way over from Dublin (in the snow!) for the bone-carving class and it was really worth the journey! I'm a Masters level artist and wanted to add a new skill to my repertoire and so made the trip down to Aoife. I was lucky to have a 1 to 1 day and was really impressed at Aoife's level of skill and patience in teaching. Aoife helped me to get over my nervousness of powertools and guided me through making a brooch of my own design. I love the brooch I made and although I have many, it's my absolute favourite and I get lots of compliments on it. Thank you so much Aoife!! So whether you're a visitor or a native I'd highly recommend a day bone carving.

Visited January 2013