“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bone Carving Studio and Gallery

Bone Carving Studio and Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: The Bone Carving Studio and Gallery in Galway offers the only bone carving classes in Ireland. At a one-day class you’ll create your own bone carving from start to finish. Whether you're a visitor or a native, a bone carving class is the perfect activity for a rainy Galway day...and it's also a unique souvenir, whether you create a piece to keep for yourself or you make something special for someone special!
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I found this place here on TripAdvisor so I booked a session and boy was it fun - one of the highlights of my time in Galway. Aoife is such a great teacher and lovely person. I had a one-on-one lesson and the time flew. She is a patient teacher and in the end, I wound up with a beautiful necklace that is both enjoyable to wear (and gets a lot of compliments) and is a special memory of my time in Ireland.

This class also made me realize how much I enjoyed working with hands, that we all have some 'creative' inside us, so I'm looking for similar things to do now that I'm home.

I think anyone will enjoy this class - well worth the money and time. Thanks Aoife for a superb day and experience!

Visited October 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Exceeded my expectations, overall a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We initially did not have time in our schedule to do the bone carving, but after visiting the studio and speaking with Aoife, we decided to extend our trip! After a week spent traveling around Ireland, it was nice to have a day where we could sit down and relax. Aoife was great and extremely patient with all of us. I personally am not very artistic, but was still able to make a great necklace that looks as if I bought it in a store! It is definitely worth every cent as you not only walk away with the great experience, but also a beautiful piece of jewellery (or whatever else you decide to create!) Would definitely recommend it to anyone spending some time in Galway.

Visited July 2012
Galway, Ireland
“A beautiful day, a beautiful piece, a beautiful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had such a beautiful day with Aoife! Just the two of us, I made a gorgeous piece that will be such a special reminder of my trip. What an amazing and different experience while seeing Ireland, to get to hand-craft something that the very ancient and faraway Celts used to do! To see it brought back and reinvented through other cultures and traditions and with new tools and purposes is really an amazing way to spend the day here. And it's something I probably would never have done otherwise, and I'm so glad I got to learn something new and exchange cultures and stories all day. Easily one of my favorite things of my few months here, and I'd very much recommend taking the time to create something beautiful and unique, both your own and deep within the roots of the land, during your stay! Maith thú, Aoife! And many, many thanks!

Visited October 2012
clearwater, fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most fun and artistic thing I've ever done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I spent a day during my trip here and it was SO worth it! Aoife (pronounced Eee-fa) was the most patient, helpful and fun person to work with in all of my trip across Europe! Her studio is easy to find, and her previous bone pieces are just gorgeous to look at. I had a great time meeting new people, getting to know Aoife, AND making my own necklace! And I thought I had ZERO artistic ability! Well, she proved that anyone can make these carvings with no problems. I loved doing it so much, I returned the next day to make another necklace for a friend! Aoife, if you ever read this, thank you so much for making my trip so awesome! I was the tall, goofy American that came in and made the two Maori symbol pieces! :) I really hope I can return soon to see you again and make more cool stuff!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank grantstephanjohnson
Reading, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Cousins having a "creative day"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent a "gray day" in Nov. 2010...with Aoife
teaching us the art of bone carving...5 cousins
left with beautiful Celtic designs of carved bone
to wear as a happy memory of a great trip! Returned
in May, 2012 to "say hello" to Aoife...but she was away
for her Wedding! Congratulations!!!!!

Visited May 2012