“Very Good Indian Food, Better Service”

Kashmir Indian Restaurant
Ranked #136 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Very Good Indian Food, Better Service”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went here during our recent stay in Galway. We enjoy Indian food and have had some terrible ones in the past. This one however was very good. Not excellent, but very good. Staff, although not Indian themselves, seemed knowledgeable non the less and supplied great service. We arrived late so it wasn't busy and our food came out quickly. Nice Poppadoms and and Naan Breads, Lamb was very tender and cooked superbly. No complaints, very happy indeed.

Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing vegetarian set menu!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My Girlfriend and I hadn't booked and were in Galway for one night and this was the first place we encountered from our B&B. And what a great find! Looking through the window confirmed that this place must be the place to eat for the evening as the customers who were seated looked to be enjoying themselves and the atmosphere was most inviting. On walking through the door we were greeted by a friendly waitress who said although they were busy, she would do her best to find us a table… Moments later we had a romantic table, tucked away in the corner by candle light. We decided on the Vegetarian set menu for two as we wanted to try a few different things and couldn't decide on what to have! The food was so tasty. We both love indian food and agreed that this had been some of the best indian food we had eaten! Highly recommended… Thank you!

1 Thank Ross T
Galway, Ireland
“Consistantly Excellent”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Myself and 10 year old son visit this City centre restaurant regularly usually on a weekly basis and have done so for the last 4-5 years.The food is consistantly excellent and the flavours second to none. We have tried many dishes from Chicken Tikka to Madras but our favourite at present is the Chicken Tak a Tak which is unique to the resaurant. The Butter Nan is superb and we can never resist having a couple to accompany our main dish. Food comes piping hot and served with a very friendly smile as the waiting staff and management are both exceptionally friendly and professional. I like the Indian bottle beers along with the Indian music which gives the restaurant a very authentic feel. Its location is excellent for any City parking and the interior has been updated over recent months. Having visited all of Galways Indian restaurants over the many years i've lived here Kashmir is without a doubt our favourite choice and am sure will remain so for many years ahead.

1 Thank martin b
London, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A watery bland Balti with Chicken that was preboiled within an inch of its life. When I'm paying 14€ for a chicken dish that excludes rice or chips I expect better than cooked chicken throne into Balti sauce. Freezing cold restaurant with a window from the restaurant into the kitchen, I really dislike when I can see the kitchen while eating. Came to something like €54.25 I had 2 €50 notes and we'l say €4.24 in change, was not breaking a 50 for the sake of 1cent, she gave a serious dirty look when I put €54.24 on the counter..Won't be returning

• Visited January 2014
Bocabec, Canada
“Good”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Food was really good, though a dinner guest made me rush for a choice and I didn't really get what I wanted. Enjoyed it nonetheless.