“Reminds me of Boston USA”

Scotty's Famous Burgers & Wings
Ranked #68 of 474 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scotty's is a friendly,casual restaurant with an emphasis on American comfort food.Our business motto is "Serious Food, Genuine Hospitality". Scotty is passionate about burgers so this is the place to come if you want juicy,100% Pure Galway beef burgers ( Over 58 versions to choose from ). Potato skins, plentiful platters of buffalo hot or BBQ wings, fall off the bone pork ribs, soups, salads and mouth-watering desserts. Americana at its best!
Galway, Ireland
“Reminds me of Boston USA”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Ate here a number of times - usually on a Sunday - with our kids. Its always busy which is a good sign So it is advisable to book in advance. They have good kids menu and serve fruit and a drink with it. A little bit on the expensive side but food is genuine American style and reminds me of the States and what is served there. Staff are attentive but sometime feel a little rushed if they are under pressure to sit people who are waiting to get a table. Would recommend and will def be back ourselves. Kids esp love it

Visited March 2014

“Amazing”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The best steakhouse and american food joint I've ever been to.
Friendly service, always smiling and food to die for.
I definitely recommend the ribs and chicken wings. O and chocolate cake yum.

“America in galway!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Call into Scotty's for a quick bite to eat. Really surprised to find it was packed as it was a Sunday afternoon, also by the fact that it is tucked away in a quiet location. Menu selection is huge and the portions are very generous.I ordered a salad and although lovely , I would prefer to have it already tossed in the dressing, but that's just me.Worth a visit if you are really hungry,it's not cheap, but food is good.

• Visited February 2014
kerry
“overpriced”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

ate here the other eveing, where the service was very good , friendly staff, the food is very over priced for what you get, burgers start at a tener and go up to about 16 euro.....for 4 euros more we could have a 2 or 3 course meal elsewhere....shame as its a nice place

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank katie o
Galway, Ireland
“Rudest customer service I have ever recieved”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Went to Scottys on a saturday evening. We were offered a seat for 2 happily, until i said that we only wished to see the dessert menu. If the sighing and disgusted look of the owner wasnt enough; after that she proceeded to be extremely rude, tell us that she didn't have enough time and that the table was reserved in 45 minutes. So basically if we wanted a full meal and to spend a fortune on an over-priced burger, we were happily welcome. But if you wish to enjoy desert, you had better find somewhere else. I shall never dine at this restaurant again, even though I was previously a regular customer. I shall be informing everyone I know not to eat here. Over -priced, and rude service. You would think a woman that has clearly been in the restaurateur business for as 'LONG' as she has would have better manners when dealing with potential customers.

• Visited January 2014
9 Thank GerryKelly24
Scotty882, Owner at Scotty's Famous Burgers & Wings, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Gerry, Thank you for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry for the way things went on Saturday night. I was totally out of line. I was operating with a migraine and while I am there physically, mentally is another matter. As soon as those words came out of my mouth I knew I was wrong and by the time I got back to your table to apologise you had rightfully left. Scotty's prides itself on excellent service and when we got home that evening after our shift the first thing I told Scott was just how I had let the side down and how badly I felt about how I had treated both you and your guest. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to openly apologise for my poor service.