“Best burger in Galway!”

Scotty's Famous Burgers & Wings
Ranked #72 of 469 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Scotty's is a friendly,casual restaurant with an emphasis on American comfort food.Our business motto is "Serious Food, Genuine Hospitality". Scotty is passionate about burgers so this is the place to come if you want juicy,100% Pure Galway beef burgers ( Over 58 versions to choose from ). Potato skins, plentiful platters of buffalo hot or BBQ wings, fall off the bone pork ribs, soups, salads and mouth-watering desserts. Americana at its best!
Galway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in Galway!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went to Scotty's today with two friends for the first time, I had heard nothing but good things about the place so had to check it out for myself. We got a nice welcome once we went in and were seated with menus and specials immediately. You can feel a genuine American steak house atmosphere as well once you walk in which adds to the experience. We were only having main courses but there seemed to be plenty to choose from the starters/deserts menu if you were to go for a 3-course meal. I got the Smokey Bacon chicken burger with wedges. For €12.99 it is great value both in terms of taste and quantity. The bread is fresh from a local bakery and you can really tell the difference in quality from other burgers. The chicken and bacon complemented each other well with the chicken being soft and juicy compared to the crispyness of the bacon strips. The wedges were also very enjoyable especially with the garlica mayonaisse dip! I'll defintely be back to Scottys and i would recommend it for all groups, from students who can avail of the student menu to familys with children.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Eoin S

Limerick, Ireland
“Awful, I dont know where everyone else was!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I ate in Scottys, unfortunately on a Saturday afternoon, only because I was staying in the apartments above ( I didnt get the 10% discount either)
Oh where to start I read a load of reviews on this, all good and I was sorely let down.
Yes you get a nice welcome, but a at a cost with screaming children as you enter, I should have left then.
My starter, the buffalo shrimp was the best part of the meal, tasty and succulent but the sauce was served in a plastic ramekin and kind of lowered the standard of the meal. Little did I know the plastic ramekin was the best part of the entire meal. I ordered the Magnolia Special Burger. It was supposed to be spicy chicken strips on a bap with barbecue sauce, carmelised onions and melted cheddar cheese.
It was mainly melted cheese on a bit of chicken under a lot of bread with fried onions, and the worst burned chips ever.
I gave up after the two toddlers started screaming and two others entered the premises. But at that stage I already knew what kind of burned food I was eating (I kind of thank the kids) I didnt order flame grill, yet even the chips tasted of it.
As for the great steak taste, it wasnt on the main menu, it was on the back of the dessert menu..

What a dissappointment

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank AmySM12
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic steaks, customer service out of this world for Ireland! :)”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had the distinct pleasure of visiting Scotty's while on a stag for a proper meal before we endeavoured to drink endlessly. We had fantastic nachos, wings which could have been a bit spicier and steaks across the board. The atmosphere was great, American, friendly, laid back, and family friendly of course as well. The fridge went down on them, so our first beers were a bit warm. We casually mentioned it to see if we could get a colder one, and the staff went above and beyond for us. They put the rest of their beers in the freezer and gave us our appetizers on the house! It was American-style customer service and man were we impressed. We will definitely be going back and highly encourage others to do so! Scotty's, you guys are awesome!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank coolriggs
Galway
“Great menu, great value, great service!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Always enjoy coming to Scotty's. Casual dining at it's best. Very welcoming and attentive staff and an extensive menu so there's is something to suit everyone.

• Visited March 2012
Galway, Ireland
“Best spicy wings in Galway-by far!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The decor needs some updating but the new menu is excellent. An amazing choice of burgers, salads, ribs, etc. all you'd expect to find in an American diner. Scotty is always in the kitchen serving up top food & his wife runs the dining room with the always friendly staff. They are so welcoming & really want you to enjoy your meal

1 Thank diddles78