“Had forgotten how good Chinese food was!”

Royal Villa Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #187 of 489 Restaurants in Galway
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Happened to be passing and as I hadn't had Chinese in a while, decided to give Royal Villa a whirl! Boy, I wasn't left disappointed! Wonderfully fresh food packed full of flavour. Efficient service. Great choice. Good value. Nice ambiance; it was buzzing!

3  Thank Brid392
RoyalVilla, Manager at Royal Villa Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi Brid392,

Thanks for your review. We're delighted to hear when people enjoy not just their meal but the whole experience as well! It makes the night just as much fun for us as for our guests! See you again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We went for a family meal in Royal Villa. I had been there before so I was looking forward to it. We went early so it was quiet. We ordered a platter - the skewers were supposed to be satay skewers so I was expecting a peanut satay sauce. Instead, we got a bland type of curry sauce. The ribs were nice but very dry. My husband had a Szechuan which was disappointing. It had a similar sauce to the satay skewers and was certainly not what he was expecting. My own dish was also bland with not a lot of sauce. Overall, the meal was disappointing and I wouldn't be in a rush back. It's a pity as it's a lovely setting.

1  Thank MrsMSmurf

Hi MrsMSmurf,
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and for providing us with feedback on your experience. We're sorry to hear that your meal wasn't as good as it could have been and I would like to assure you that this isn't the normal standard for us. Please feel free to contact me so that we could offer you the chance to dine with us again and show you how good a meal with us could be.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Me and my partner ate here for "our valentines day". The food was amazing, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Service was great. We definitely will be eating here again.

3  Thank ginadixon

Hi ginadixon,
Thanks for the great review, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your Valentines meal. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Had Spring Rolls to start with, really nice. I had the Sweet and Sour Chicken, could have done with a bit more sauce. My boyfriend had Chicken Satay it was delicious :) Staff are so friendly, Restaurant is very clean, really enjoy eating here when we visit Salthill

3  Thank SarahHMoran87
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Four of us visited in Dec 2013 and all of us ate from the special Christmas menu. All of us were raving about the food. Staff were pleasant and provided a good service. I wouldn't generally choose a Chinese restaurant for a meal out but would highly recommend this one! I will definitely go back again.

3  Thank Julie B