“Raw”

Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Raw”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Love this place eat here sometimes twice a week ate here tonight with family daughter got Thai green curry the chicken was raw gave us a different dinner said sorry charged 150 and gave us a few extra chocolates not acceptable for regulars for family dinner sorry

• Visited May 2013
RoyalVilla, Manager at Royal Villa Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi Kangoojt, I'm very sorry to hear about your bad experience but thank you for bringing it to our attention. We value our customers highly and regular customers such as yourself are very important to us. Clearly the supervisor on duty did not handle the situation appropriately for which I can only apologise. Please contact me by Private Message on tripadvisor so I can remedy the situation.

“Good food small portions”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The cooking here is of the finest quality. The menu is extensive and adventurous and also traditional. The big BUT is " the portions".. Recent visit meant a very tasty meal but not enough. The prices are ok but the portions .. Too small. So after a nice evening I finished up visiting my local take away on my way home...not ideal ..it could be much better.

This restaurant is run by one of Galway's leading Chinese families with links to this city going back thirty years. Charlie Chang knows his food and his restaurants are testimony to that but even in these recessionary times don't cut back on the portions....I would like more than four pieces if chicken in my chow mien ...

Visited May 2013
RoyalVilla, Manager at Royal Villa Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi MrGalway,
Thanks for taking the time to review and let us know how your meal was. I'm glad you felt the food was very tasty. I'm very suprised to hear the portion size was small during your visit. We strive to maintain the highest standards of quality and consistency and as standard there is 7-9 pieces of chicken in all our our chicken dishes. Our customers are very important to us as is their feedback and I would hope to have you dine with us again soon.
Galway, Ireland
“Always our first choice”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We love this place. Always top of our list when meeting up with the girls. Staff are extremely friendly and always accommodating to all our needs.
The food is first class as is the presentation...Their Tiramisu is thee best i've ever tasted. It's the only dessert I like and Ive never gotten another near as good as what the Royal Villa make.
It offers great value for money especially mid week..2 Course including Glass of wine for €20 or 3 Course +wine for €25...You wont get that value anywhere else.
I couldn't recommend this lovely restaurant enough and look forward to my next visit very soon.

• Visited April 2013
RoyalVilla, Owner at Royal Villa Chinese Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Hi Doylert,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review and can I just say I'm delighted to hear such great feedback. I hope to keep impressing you and your friends when ye visit. We love our Tiramisu too, it's tough not to keep it all for ourselves!
Donegal
“Lovely Night Out”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went here on Valentines night and it was really nice. The food and the service were great. I even got a rose!!! The staff were so friendly. It was not expensive either. Very good value.

• Visited February 2013
“great food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great food. Great service. Highly recommended. No problem recommending this restaurant to anyone for any occasion

• Visited February 2013