“Exceeded expectations”
Review of Asian Tea House

Asian Tea House
Ranked #64 of 493 Restaurants in Galway
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I had been to this restaurant about 4 years ago and remembered it was being good. But this time, I would say it was brilliant. When we arrived in from the cold and damp streets of Galway we were greeted with a smile and a prompt cup of jasmine tea each.
I might add that we came back here two more times out of our 6 nights in Galway. I had different starters each night but tended to stick with a Malaysian Curry - the best curry I've had in Ireland is how I described it. The portions were large, the staff friendly and on our last visit we got a plate of oriental vegetables on the house (treat for almost living there for the week!).
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anybody. On our last night we brought a friend who wasn't overly familiar with Asian cuisine and she really enjoyed the food too!
I tried the dessert on the last night but on the other nights I couldn't find a space for it.....

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were taken here by friends on a recent stay to Galway.
Food was delicious, only negative is a few things we wanted weren't available

Great selection of food, I had Chicken Malaysian Curry and was so tasty.

Cant say anything else, just great food and nice, friendly staff

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was recommended to visit the Asian Tea House by some colleagues.

We visited on a Monday evening and was fortunate to get a table. We were greeted by a friendly member of staff and we given a complimentary tea whilst we were browsing the menu.

I opted for Teriyaki Chicken Chop for starter which was large and was cooked very well. My colleague opted for Chicken Satay and he was pleased with his choice.

For main I opted for Malay Sambal Chicken which I have to say was delicious. I like hot n spicy food and this did not disappoint. The chicken was cooked nice and the sauce and accompanying noodles were very tasty. My colleague opted for Thai Green Curry which in his opinion was good and tasty. The portions were large and we both felt that we had been fed well when we left.

The menu is large and varied. It took a while for us to decide what to eat as there was so much choice!

The atmosphere was warm and friendly. It is a busy restaurant (even on a Monday night!).

I recommend this place and I will definitely be using this regularly when I work out of Galway.

A really enjoyable experience.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had dinner here last week with three adults and two children and everyone had a fantastic meal. Everyone had starters and as we had all chosen different items was great opportunity to taste test each others!! The children's meals were delivered very quickly which was great help to me to relax. Our main courses were just beautiful. I had a lovely cold Chinese beer to accompany my meal but the red wine I tasted was lovely too. Price wise was very reasonable for what we got. We were in early around five thirty so gone by seven as table was booked again. But next time I will go for a more leisurely meal and go for the 7 or 9 pm settings. The decor is lovely, toilet spotless, love the jade tiles in the bathroom. Servers are unobtrusive but polite and most efficient in replacing dropped cutlery and drinks. Deffo going back !! They have take out too !!

1  Thank Karentipp
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place one summer evening as it was too warm of a day to eat a big steak.
I'd driven past it plenty of times and barely gave the place a second glance as it looks very discrete amongst the terraced buildings.

Walking in the door I was surprised how perfectly presented and decorated this restaurant was.
Beautiful ambience and comfortable surroundings.

Service was incredible with very polite and courteous staff stood attentively around the restaurant.
I literally only had to turn my head and glance towards a server and they would attend to our table.
And this was on a night they had a full house, can only imagine how brilliant they would have been on a quiet night.

On being seated we were given a small cup of Asian tea which was a nice touch.
Their tea menu is an eye opener, so many varieties.

The dinner menu had plenty of variety too and it took a long time for us to decide due to our unfamiliarity with any of the dishes available.
We took a chance on whatever sounded nice but I honestly can't remember the name of the dishes we got.

At first glance we thought it was a little pricier than we expected but the quality of the food and the portion sizes more than reflected the price.
Very reasonable in retrospect.

The food was amazing!
The portion sizes were large and I think it is the only meal ever where I had 2 courses and couldn't clean my plate despite not wanting to leave any.
No way could I attempt dessert so that's a treat for next time.

Instead we opted to stick around and try a few cocktails.
They even excelled in this department too with an extensive menu.
Next time we'll probably move next door to their cocktail bar for the evening.

Really looking forward to visiting again.
Top class.