“beautiful fresh food lovely setting”
Review of Asian Tea House

Asian Tea House
Ranked #2 of 25 Coffee & Tea in Galway
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Western Ireland, Ireland
“beautiful fresh food lovely setting”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had dinner here last week with three adults and two children and everyone had a fantastic meal. Everyone had starters and as we had all chosen different items was great opportunity to taste test each others!! The children's meals were delivered very quickly which was great help to me to relax. Our main courses were just beautiful. I had a lovely cold Chinese beer to accompany my meal but the red wine I tasted was lovely too. Price wise was very reasonable for what we got. We were in early around five thirty so gone by seven as table was booked again. But next time I will go for a more leisurely meal and go for the 7 or 9 pm settings. The decor is lovely, toilet spotless, love the jade tiles in the bathroom. Servers are unobtrusive but polite and most efficient in replacing dropped cutlery and drinks. Deffo going back !! They have take out too !!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Karentipp

• Polish first
“A genuine nice surprise, top notch everything!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place one summer evening as it was too warm of a day to eat a big steak.
I'd driven past it plenty of times and barely gave the place a second glance as it looks very discrete amongst the terraced buildings.

Walking in the door I was surprised how perfectly presented and decorated this restaurant was.
Beautiful ambience and comfortable surroundings.

Service was incredible with very polite and courteous staff stood attentively around the restaurant.
I literally only had to turn my head and glance towards a server and they would attend to our table.
And this was on a night they had a full house, can only imagine how brilliant they would have been on a quiet night.

On being seated we were given a small cup of Asian tea which was a nice touch.
Their tea menu is an eye opener, so many varieties.

The dinner menu had plenty of variety too and it took a long time for us to decide due to our unfamiliarity with any of the dishes available.
We took a chance on whatever sounded nice but I honestly can't remember the name of the dishes we got.

At first glance we thought it was a little pricier than we expected but the quality of the food and the portion sizes more than reflected the price.
Very reasonable in retrospect.

The food was amazing!
The portion sizes were large and I think it is the only meal ever where I had 2 courses and couldn't clean my plate despite not wanting to leave any.
No way could I attempt dessert so that's a treat for next time.

Instead we opted to stick around and try a few cocktails.
They even excelled in this department too with an extensive menu.
Next time we'll probably move next door to their cocktail bar for the evening.

Really looking forward to visiting again.
Top class.

Galway, Ireland
“Just Superb”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Once again we had a fantastic meal. Our son was home from the UK so we decided to have a family meal here. Just fantastic food. Certainly one of the best Asian restaraunts in Galway.

• Visited September 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Fabulous”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

From start to finish this is the most amazing restaurant. We were a party of 5, Everyone delighted with starters and mains. (We don't go for desserts!). Fabulous food, great service, good price. An excellent restaurant. House wine ****.

1 Thank 396dympna
Pittsburgh, PA
“BEST MEAL WE HAD IN IRELAND!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

After our 7th day in Ireland, we caved and went to an Asian restaurant. Found this little gem off the main drag in Galway, and it was awesome. Not sure if all the bland Irish food had our American tastebuds dying or what, but the food here was great. We are relatively picky about our Asian food, and these guys were top notch. Some nice Sake and good conversation with the bartender... we almost went back a 2nd night in a row.

Forget what we had, but we were beyond satisfied! Price was extremely reasonable, bathrooms were very nice, and a great atmosphere.