“good food meal experience lacked something”
Review of Asian Tea House

Asian Tea House
Ranked #42 of 507 Restaurants in Galway
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 7, 2013

great food ,super menu and i will be back to try again but something was missing dont know what athmosphere ? warmth ? dont know really

overall a very positive experience

1  Thank terence49

Reviewed November 30, 2012

i would like to start and say i have often ate at this premises and would like to comment on there excellent standard of food, but UNFORTUNATELY i was there recently with a group of friends (6) and ate in the lounge part of the restaurant and the standard of service was far from the same.

When we received our Main course, we had to ask for fresh cultery, and 3 portions of rice only arrived half way through the course, after our main course we were waiting about 40mins before we finally went to the bar and asked a lady could we please have the dessert menu, she left the dessert menu to the table and never came back to the table to take our order, with honestly being the best policy i have to say we were disappointed, and I am only writing this review so that the restaurant may learn from this. The lounge part of the restaurant is very dark for eating, the lighting could do with being turned up to match the other side.

Please dont let this review turn you off making a reservation as this restaurant on a positive note is tasty and enjoyable and the wine is great.

2  Thank flowerbomb_H
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went for the first time with my mum. Heard great things about the place. Bar next door but we went to the restaurant was full on a Thursday evening at 7pm so we were lucky to get the last table with no reservation.

Menu is grand lots to from, just one type of Gyoza, which I love.. would recommend doing a few more varieties as they are tasty and have options on how they are cooked steamed/grilled or fried. The ones here are pork & prawn and fried and only 3 for €6 ( 4 would be better for belly and wallet) Crispy duck was excellent, Chicken Teppanaki main dish was average but we where pretty full so didn't bother us too much.

Staff were extremely nice, attentive, friendly. Manager also told us to take our time and enjoy our meal. restaurant had mix of business, couples and a group.

Lighting in the restaurant is too bright, bit of variety there would make a massive difference.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

By far my favourite Chinese restaurant in Galway. The chicken satay is so tasty. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Its great for take away too. Last time I was waiting for my food the manager came over and was full of chat he even offered me a glass of wine while i was waiting. Food is really fresh. Make sure to book a table as its always busy.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

People that I work with say this is THE PLACE for asian food in Galway so I took them up on the challenge. Most of the appetisers were blah greasey food. the winner for the chopped duck. It was NOT greasey. My turnoff was I ordered the chicken curry bowl which tasted okay but was filled with spice pods. No not 1 or 2 but try 10. C'mon people clean those out..

NOT APPROVED